• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College Bball Thread

I only saw a little of the UCLA/Kentucky game but around halftime the commentators were like "this is not the same UCLA team that lost to Monmouth and Wake Forest," and it made me a little sad to remember that losing to Wake is a bad loss.

I only saw a little of the UCLA/Kentucky game but around halftime the commentators were like "this is not the same UCLA team that lost to Monmouth and Wake Forest," and it made me a little sad to remember that losing to Wake is a bad loss.

same here.

UCLA played out of their minds last night, but the stench over us still lingers and losing to us will be considered a bad loss until we make the tournament again. Monmouth, who has wins over USC and Notre Dame also, I think will end up being not that bad of a loss for them come March.

UCLA played out of their minds last night, but the stench over us still lingers and losing to us will be considered a bad loss until we make the tournament again. Monmouth, who has wins over USC and Notre Dame also, I think will end up being not that bad of a loss for them come March.

I felt worse about being lumped in with Monmouth until I looked up their schedule/record and saw that they aren't just chumps.

It was Bilas who said that. Kind of surprised given that his kid plays for WF. Right after that, the play by play guy (think it was Dan Shulman) praised Monmouth and Bilas seconded the idea that Monmouth is solid this year (wins over Notre Dame, UCLA and USC), and was then waiting for a comment about how WF was on the way back, but didn't happen.

And at the end of the broadcast, they only mentioned the Monmouth loss -- and not their loss to us -- as being a bad loss!

syracuse down by 12 to georgetown after being down by 20 at one point

the georgetown student section for the syracuse game

CVfYrnaWwAAl49P.jpg

Tifos are a thing at Gtown, they do those on the reg though not usually quite on that level

I'll tell you who isn't bad - William & Mary, my other alma mater. They were hitting 3s and breaking down UVA's D at times getting it into the lane. Hung with UVA for a long time and beat State earlier in the year. They've never been to the dance, but they should have a good shot at their conference title this year.

And FWIW, I don't think UVA is as good defensively as they've been the last couple years. Losing Atkins and Anderson really hurts on that end. The other thing is they need someone not named Brogdon or Gill to be a consistent scoring threat. The guy who I thought would take a step forward was Shayock, who played well as a frosh last year, but he looks like he has zero confidence right now. Hall has improved some, but he's not special. Perrantes needs to shoot more when he comes back from his appendectomy.

Three things I learned today.

There is a UMass-Lowell.
Their mascot is the River Hawks.
They beat BC 68-66.

Back