• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College Bball Thread

I'll try to spin the X game in a positive way:

Great opportunity for a huge non-conference victory... X has home games against Cincy and Auburn before playing us. They should win both of those (Cincy likely a close game) and be a top 10 team heading into the Joel. Also, FWIW, Xavier's next game after @Wake Forest is @Villanova.

If we get blown out, it could perhaps be a wake up call heading into the conference season (and a winnable game @LSU). I realize that's probably a stretch... a beatdown is a beatdown. It isn't like it will magically sink in that we need to start playing some defense.

Dayton is good and well coached. It's not that bad of a loss.

Vandy isn't the same team without Kornet. His replacement scored 1 point in 30 minutes with zero shot attempts and 3 boards. Vandy has a Final 4 starting 5 and a first round exit bench.

X is gonna give it to us

dmx-12.jpg

Yeah they were helped a lot too by the fact that OU crushed Villanova the other night (OU was No. 9 and Nova was No. 1). After that, OU jumped to 1, and UVA used a strong performance last night to get up there as well.

It's a weak year at the very top according to KP. UVA would rank 6th among final rankings last year.

It must be pretty GD sweet to be a student at OU or Michigan State right now.

Last edited:
There's no bad to playing Xavier. And it will be a competitive game

This Jarrod Uthoff kid for Iowa is incredible. Has 30 points at the half against the #4 team in the country.
6'10 and he is 5-6 on 3s. Also had a nasty crossover and drive for a dunk. Like a more athletic, better shooting Kaminsky

This Jarrod Uthoff kid for Iowa is incredible. Has 30 points at the half against the #4 team in the country.
6'10 and he is 5-6 on 3s. Also had a nasty crossover and drive for a dunk. Like a more athletic, better shooting Kaminsky

Had a difficult time getting his in the second half, but he is a player, no doubt. Great game.

Had a difficult time getting his in the second half, but he is a player, no doubt. Great game.

Saw that a newspaper columnist at the game broke his leg as a result of the court-storming last night at Iowa State (after the Big 12 passed some rules last summer that required teams to have better floor security in the wake of the Kansas/Kansas St. court storming last year that had some Kansas players pinned against the scorers table).

Wow, Julius Hodge is the director of player development at Buffalo.

Donyell Marshall looks really old. Like in his late 50s/early 60s. He's in his early 40s.
http://ubbulls.com/sports/mbkb/coaches/marshall_donyell

“I’ve gotten to know Julius over the last couple years and his experiences throughout his basketball career gives him instant credibility with our players,” said Oats. “His communication skills and humility make him a perfect fit to relate to our current players. He is a team player and he will be a great addition to our current staff.”

LOLWUT?

I know it's an in-state rivalry and they came from behind to win, but is it really necessary for the #4 team in the nation to storm the court after beating an unranked opponent?

I love Hodge. College hoops needs more villains. He embraced that role. Hated him while he was at NCSU, but I miss his personality.

And yeah, Donyell looks awful. He was never a handsome dude, but wow.

221cd3a8bc4b9ff3bbf4b9d1b20c8143.jpg

Back