• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College Bball Thread

Ohio State working Kentucky pretty hard in the first half, but it's entirely from the perimeter.

Skal Labissiere, what a disappointment he's been. Really looks like a one-man draft.

Updates on former Deacs:

Tyler Cavanaugh (George Washington): 16.3 PPG, 7.5 RPG, 53.0% FG%
Bill Moto (Towson): 13.6 PPG, 7.1 RPG, 41.3% FG%
Aaron Rountree (Iona): 4.8 PPG, 4.8 RPG, 38.1% FG%
Chase Fischer (BYU): 15.5 PPG, 1.6 APG, 38.8% FG%, 32.1% 3P%
Daniel Green (Arkansas-Little Rock): 0.5 PPG, 2.5 RPG, 12.5% FG%

Updates on former Deacs:

Tyler Cavanaugh (George Washington): 16.3 PPG, 7.5 RPG, 53.0% FG%
Bill Moto (Towson): 13.6 PPG, 7.1 RPG, 41.3% FG%
Aaron Rountree (Iona): 4.8 PPG, 4.8 RPG, 38.1% FG%
Chase Fischer (BYU): 15.5 PPG, 1.6 APG, 38.8% FG%, 32.1% 3P%
Daniel Green (Arkansas-Little Rock): 0.5 PPG, 2.5 RPG, 12.5% FG%

Cav has become a very good player. He's had big games against top teams. Can't say I entirely saw that one coming but sounds like he used the year off to really develop himself.

Cav's 3pt% has been quite good too, 48% on 31 shots, and Moto's had been awful, 17% on 23 shots.

Cav has become a very good player. He's had big games against top teams. Can't say I entirely saw that one coming but sounds like he used the year off to really develop himself.

You could see Cav coming on toward the end of his sophomore year. He had 20 in a win over Duke in March that year (last home game of the season), and 15 in a loss to UNC in late February. Everything was just so negative surrounding [] that it was hard to get wound up about losing anything associated with []. Cav is 6-9 240 with offensive skills and a new commitment to rebounding. Legit player. I retrospect that Cav, Moto, DT and CMM recruiting class was solid.

You could see Cav coming on toward the end of his sophomore year. He had 20 in a win over Duke in March that year (last home game of the season), and 15 in a loss to UNC in late February. Everything was just so negative surrounding [] that it was hard to get wound up about losing anything associated with []. Cav is 6-9 240 with offensive skills and a new commitment to rebounding. Legit player. I retrospect that Cav, Moto, DT and CMM recruiting class was solid.

Cav got bigger in his year away from playing. I imagine that is a big reason he is playing better now. When Cav played at Wake, he was weak and his 3-point shot did not go in at a great percentage. I'm glad to see he's playing well and he seemed like a great kid. Everyone is in a better place right now. Wake took Cav's remaining 2 years, turned it into 1 year of Leonard, which turned into a 4 year scholly for Moore or Collins.

IU was looking like shit. Now they have a four point lead with 26 seconds left.

IU finished the game against ND with 17-2 run. Not quite how it handled its business against Wake thankfully.

Thought Utah was a fair amount better than Duke and should have won by 7-10 pts. When they got the 10 pt lead during the second half, the inevitable quick fouls came to get Duke into the bonus and the Utes started jacking up outside shots.

I definitely like our matchups with Duke and think we can beat them at home.

Chase Fischer 41 points (9 3's) vs. New Mexico in Diamond Head Classic today.

I'm assuming this is his transfer year (i.e. would have graduated from Wake last year if he had stayed).

Dino just interviewed Wes Miller while the game was in progress. I'm sure I've never seen that in college basketball.

Back