• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College Bball Thread

Or how useless preseason rankings are in every sport.

Everybody saw UVA last year and decided they were worthy of a ranking knowing of the enormous shortcomings on that team and the fact that they lost their best player.

Howland landed another 4 star today but just lost to Kenpom #290 Southern University.

Everybody saw UVA last year and decided they were worthy of a ranking knowing of the enormous shortcomings on that team and the fact that they lost their best player.

I'd argue Brogdon was their best player last year, but yeah, Anderson was a stud, and losing Atkins also hurt. They're still a strong team, at least top-25 if not top-10 caliber. And they're deep. But the problem they have is scoring. Gill is a nice low post presence, and Brogdon is a stud, but who is going to be that next option on a consistent basis? Perrantes is a pass first PG and doesn't look for his shot, but he's actually a pretty good shooter. More than anyone else, he's the guy on that team who should be more assertive offensively. Thompson, the Tenn transfer, is a great defender and has nice enough handles for a wing, but I don't like the look of his shot. Tobey is nice when he's not in foul trouble but not consistent. And 1 or 2 of the supporting cast of Hall, Shayock, Wilkins and Nolte needs to provide more of an offensive spark if they're going to be more than just a nice team that makes the dance.

I was impressed with GW last year when they played here, though UVA pulled away from them in the 2nd half. Even more impressed with Lonergan and his team last night. They move the ball better against the packline than just about any other team. They anticipate the big to big double and take advantage of it. They also had the necessary beef to bang with UVA in the paint. UVA likes to bludgeon you down low on both ends, but they weren't able to do that. GW is fun to watch and should be a tourney team. But it just pains me to watch Cavanaugh play that well. I don't need reminders of what Ron did to our program. Also didn't care for Calhoun doing color.

Plumlee is playing out of his mind.

I fucking hate Mason Plumlee. Greyson Allen has taken the reigns of joining the ranks of world's biggest douche bags. Could Bilas be any more of a Duke homer?

Grayson Allen really, really wants to make a layup. He's 0 for 9.

Well, Ingram is certainly no Durant.

Giles just tweeted that he decommited from Duke after watching the game. Said he didn't want to play with Allen.

Early but there seems to be a pretty decent dropoff on the perimeter for Duke this year compared to last. UNC probably the favorite right now, but I'd say it's pretty open at the top.

This is the first time Georgetown has played Maryland in College Park since 1974.

That Maryland crowd is deafening.....this game has been fantastic so far.

Back