• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College Bball Thread

Not a fan of either team but this game is awesome.

Also the refs aren't ruining this game by calling every bump. Just as many suspected, the higher profile games are being called normally versus the earlier meaningless games being called insanely tight.

Extremely inconsistent.

Perry Ellis from Kansas has to be 35+ years old. Not only does he look 45, but it seems like he's been at KU since 2001. He is like Jess Settles from Iowa, who played NCAA basketball for at least 9 years in the 1990s.

I probably watch more KU than most people around these parts (have a lot of family in Lawrence that all went to KU) so I may be a bit biased. But I think that they're the best team in the nation. Have them as my early Champs pick. The KU v UK game is going to be phenomenal.

I probably watch more KU than most people around these parts (have a lot of family in Lawrence that all went to KU) so I may be a bit biased. But I think that they're the best team in the nation. Have them as my early Champs pick. The KU v UK game is going to be phenomenal.

Still may be true, but you're quite the jinx brah

Still may be true, but you're quite the jinx brah

Right after I posted that things went to shit. This is why I eat pizza every Panthers game since I had it week 1. I know my power and I'm not happy that I have to have this burden. But I do so I shall make the best of my super human powers.

One of my buddies here is a KU alumnus and a big fan, and last week we had the Wake game on the TV and the Kansas game on the computer. Kansas is good. Really fucking good. When Wake's game was close, Kansas had dudes coming off of the bench that even my buddy hadn't heard of. They are super deep. Even baby Manning is like eighth off of the bench. They'll be fine, even after tonight.

One of my buddies here is a KU alumnus and a big fan, and last week we had the Wake game on the TV and the Kansas game on the computer. Kansas is good. Really fucking good. When Wake's game was close, Kansas had dudes coming off of the bench that even my buddy hadn't heard of. They are super deep. Even baby Manning is like eighth off of the bench. They'll be fine, even after tonight.
To be fair, Manning has guys I've never heard of playing in the first halves of both of our games

I'm not too worried about tonight. KU always plays good opponents and this is the type of loss that Self will build off of. You nailed it though, they're incredibly deep and their starters are incredible as well as experienced. Perry- Sr, Jamari- Sr, Frank- jr, Wayne- jr, Devonte- So.

They have:
UK
West Virginia
Iowa State- 2 times
Oklahoma- 2 times
Baylor- 2 times

I may have missed one or two big games but plenty of quality opponents to make up for the loss tonight.

Last edited:
To be fair, Manning has guys I've never heard of playing in the first halves of both of our games

Come on, both Van Horn and O'Brien got minutes last year, for better or for worse. At Wake our walk-ons have always been a source of pride. Reading Alan William's book as a middle schooler inspired me. (not a religious inspiration though)

I'm not too worried about tonight. KU always plays good opponents and this is the type of loss that Self will build off of. You nailed it though, they're incredibly deep and their starters are incredible as well as experienced. Perry- Sr, Jamari- Sr, Frank- jr, Wayne- jr, Devonte- So.

I think I can proudly say that I'll be rooting for Kansas all season. I went to the UT-KU basketball game my first two years (one win to each team), but last year fucking asshole-AD Patterson raised ticket prices to like $80 or something. Hopefully I'll make it this year. Definitely going to make the UT-Carolina game so I can talk more mad shit to the idiot Carolina fans. Last time one dude turned to ask me "how do you know so much about UNC?". I said, FUCK YOUR MACADOOS AND CHEATERS AND AFAMs AND WHITS AND RYAN TAYLORS AND SHIT. My insults were landing left and right.

Come on, both Van Horn and O'Brien got minutes last year, for better or for worse. At Wake our walk-ons have always been a source of pride. Reading Alan William's book as a middle schooler inspired me. (not a religious inspiration though)

I think I can proudly say that I'll be rooting for Kansas all season. I went to the UT-KU basketball game my first two years (one win to each team), but last year fucking asshole-AD Patterson raised ticket prices to like $80 or something. Hopefully I'll make it this year. Definitely going to make the UT-Carolina game so I can talk more mad shit to the idiot Carolina fans. Last time one dude turned to ask me "how do you know so much about UNC?". I said, FUCK YOUR MACADOOS AND CHEATERS AND AFAMs AND WHITS AND RYAN TAYLORS AND SHIT. My insults were landing left and right.

I absolutely love watching Kansas play. They're so athletic yet clinical it's a blast to watch them play. Also the constant updates from the family make it a little more personal. Going to the Phog was a surreal experience for me. Went when I was maybe 6 or 7 and it's stuck with me ever since.

Vandy or Indiana should be a good game out in Maui as well.

Unless...

Join the KU team guys! Tough loss tonight but Rock Chalk will be back!

Coincidentally I just read "Walk On" last night, awesome story of perseverance. The examples of Skip talking trash to him were pretty great.

when did seth davis leave cbs for big 10 network?

when did seth davis leave cbs for big 10 network?

He's worked for the Big 10 network for the past 2 years, I think he works for both (doesn't Gus Johnson call games for the Big 10 network and for FOX sports?)

big 10 network is owned by fox i think. same as pac 12. sec network owned by espn. acc netowrk to be owned by espn if it ever happens

Back