• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College Bball Thread

deac_tracy

Reaction score
Upsets so far:

Western Illinois 69-67 over Wisconsin #17

William & Mary 85-69 over NC State

North Florida 93-81 over Illinois

Sacramento St. 63-61 over Arizona St.

Chattanooga 92-90 over UGA

Also Tyler Cavanaugh 15 pts 17 rbds against Lafayette

Went to UVA's 1st game last night. Mostly an unimpressive game against Morgan St. The whole team couldn't hit a pig's ass with a banjo most of the 1st half, and the big problem they'll have is shooting. Morgan played a lot of packed in zone, and teams should zone them a bunch and just keep an eye on Brogdon. They're starting Perrantes, Thompson (wing xfer from Memphis - good player but not a great shooter), Brogdon, Tobey and Gill. They legitimately go 10 deep and still look as good as usual defensively. I liked Shayock last year, but he looked reticent and unassertive last night. Conversely, I wasn't impressed with Hall last year, but he played the best I've seen him play. Wilkins also looked improved and has passed Nolte in p-t. Their freshman PF Reuter looks serviceable. Team is definitely sporting some bad haircuts this year.

The Fighting Wojos (aka Marquette) lost to Belmont last night.

Winning games is definitely trending away from the power 5 schools the last few years as it is more parity than there has ever been. On any given night a relative unknown can take a p5 to the woodshed nowadays.

Did anyone tune into the Texas game last night? I did not see havoc at all. Is Shaka scrapping the full court press there?

Did anyone tune into the Texas game last night? I did not see havoc at all. Is Shaka scrapping the full court press there?

His big men are 6'8 280 lbs and 6'10 290 right now. Also his 3 is this 6'10 slow white guy. I don't think Texas can play havoc effectively.

His big men are 6'8 280 lbs and 6'10 290 right now. Also his 3 is this 6'10 slow white guy. I don't think Texas can play havoc effectively.

Is he scrapping it entirely there or is he waiting to recruit his style players and going to use it?

Also Tyler Cavanaugh 15 pts 17 rbds against Lafayette

And Moto with 28 and 9 today against LaSalle.

I liked those two. They weren't great in the ACC but you could tell they were putting in the work to get better.

Back