• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Duke Tickets

I'm looking for a Gold, Red, or WF Baseball Lot parking pass for Saturdays game against Duke. Price negotiable. A freebie would be accepted and appreciated. GO DEACS!

Kudos to the Wake ticket office. Ad in the paper Thursday said they were selling $1 tickets to the Duke game from 6 am to noon. I get there around 1030 after spending 30 minutes just trying to find a parking spot, I finally get in and they unfortunately were "sold out" of the dollar tickets and then try to sell me some great 17 dollar seats. No mention of a limited amount of the $1 tix, just that they were available until noon.

Kudos to the Wake ticket office. Ad in the paper Thursday said they were selling $1 tickets to the Duke game from 6 am to noon. I get there around 1030 after spending 30 minutes just trying to find a parking spot, I finally get in and they unfortunately were "sold out" of the dollar tickets and then try to sell me some great 17 dollar seats. No mention of a limited amount of the $1 tix, just that they were available until noon.

Do you still have the ad from the paper? I'd be curious to know if somewhere in the fine print it says "while supplies last"; if so then o.k. I guess, but if not they should have given you the damn $1 tickets.

This kind of bothers me, given the copious number of open seats we all know there will be tomorrow.

Did the same thing, with the same result, even had the ad with me. Turned them down flat on what they did try to sell me. Like Rake said, ad made no mention of limited amount or any other qualification, just said $1 tickets from 6 to 12 o'clock. They must have had about 2 available. Guess they'll have about 18,000 there tomorrow, with an announced crowd of 27,500.

Do you still have the ad from the paper? I'd be curious to know if somewhere in the fine print it says "while supplies last"; if so then o.k. I guess, but if not they should have given you the damn $1 tickets.
Ad does say while supplies last on all specials, like I said, must have been about 2 available.

Good for them for at least trying. That's not always been the case. Hopefully you guys just ponied up and bought some.

That sounds incredibly sleazy. Wondering how many of the $1 tickets were picked up by Duke fans.

Got 4 hill tiks for 20. Sat on the 45 chairbacks

Got 4 hill tiks for 20. Sat on the 45 chairbacks

I thought about trying to get the $1 tickets at the Deacon Shop but did not want to fight the crowds. I am glad I didn't. I had two separate gentlemen give me tickets for free. The "official" attendance was listed as 26,000+, but I am guessing it was more like 17,000. I always enjoy looking at the box score after the game to see how much the attendance has been inflated.

no grade inflation but certainly attendance inflation

Back