• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ex BB Deacs Tracking Thread

Went back and looked at the recruiting thread: http://www.ogboards.com/forums/show...e-Harry-Giles-Chronicles?highlight=megathread begun when Manning arrived. There were three planned incoming recruits: Rondale Watson, McClinton and Shelton Mitchell. There was one open spot. Cav, Roundtree, and Moto were still on the roster.

Manning obviously replaced Mitchell with Mitchell Wilbekin, filled the open spot with Leonard, and then had more to do when Cav, Moto and Roundtree left. According to the roster list, there were only 11 schollie players in 14-15 season, including the red shirting Daniel Green. So there was room for Cav. Remember that Trent Van Horn is on schollie for 15-16 because there was no recruited schollie player to use it. So there would have been room for Cav and all the three freshmen brought in this year.

Hudson filled that open spot in 2014. Leonard was a direct replacement for either Moto or Cav. Either way, the use of Leonard as a 1-year player freed up a scholly for the class of 2016.

Last edited:
Hudson filled that open spot in 2014. Leonard was a direct replacement for either Moto or Cav. Either way, the use of Leonard as a 1-year player freed up a scholly for the class of 2016.

There was still effectively an open scholarship in this past (2015-2016) season. Trent VanHorn used it. If Cav had stayed, he would have used one of the open spots on the 14-15 roster and TVH scholarship this year. So, no impact on recruiting either year, unless you think it would have kept HG from even considering Wake.

Jr/Sr Cav instead of Fr/So Dinos on the floor most of the time? Cav this season: 30 min per game, 51%FG, 42% threes, 82% FT, 17 pts and 7 rebs per game.

There was still effectively an open scholarship in this past (2015-2016) season. Trent VanHorn used it. If Cav had stayed, he would have used one of the open spots on the 14-15 roster and TVH scholarship this year. So, no impact on recruiting either year, unless you think it would have kept HG from even considering Wake.

Jr/Sr Cav instead of Fr/So Dinos on the floor most of the time? Cav this season: 30 min per game, 51%FG, 42% threes, 82% FT, 17 pts and 7 rebs per game.

Because Madison Jones was kicked off the team at the beginning of the year.

Because Madison Jones was kicked off the team at the beginning of the year.

My original point was that Jr/Sr Cav instead of FR/half Soph Hudson would have been better for Wake in many ways.

My original point was that Jr/Sr Cav instead of FR/half Soph Hudson would have been better for Wake in many ways.

And my original point was that scholarship went to one of Crawford, Collins, or Moore, which is true. Who do you kick off? And let's also not forget that Cav had a year off to improve his body and shot and that he is doing this against less than ACC competition.

And my original point was that scholarship went to one of Crawford, Collins, or Moore, which is true. Who do you kick off? And let's also not forget that Cav had a year off to improve his body and shot and that he is doing this against less than ACC competition.

Cav left in June of 2014. Hudson took a sholarship in September of 2014, and was a late pickup. Hudson would not have been at Wake if Cav had stayed. The three freshmen (Collins, Moore, Crawford) arrived after Hudson had played a year.The choice was a late arriving Hudson vs keeping Cav.

Cav left in June of 2014. Hudson took a sholarship in September of 2014, and was a late pickup. Hudson would not have been at Wake if Cav had stayed. The three freshmen (Collins, Moore, Crawford) arrived after Hudson had played a year.The choice was a late arriving Hudson vs keeping Cav.

The very chart you posted showed that there was an open scholarship in the 2014 class. That is the scholarship Hudson took. No matter how you slice it, without the transfers of Moto and Cav, someone from the Collins, Moore, Crawford class would not be here.

The very chart you posted showed that there was an open scholarship in the 2014 class. That is the scholarship Hudson took. No matter how you slice it, without the transfers of Moto and Cav, someone from the Collins, Moore, Crawford class would not be here.

I wasn't suggesting it would have been possible to keep both Cav and Moto. I was only suggesting that Jr/Sr Cav would have been better than having Fr/ 1/2Soph Hudson. That switch has no impact on the 2015/16 freshmen class. Just would have a senior Cav instead of Hudson this season and last. Hudson filled an open spot that was open late because Cav transferred late. If he stays, no Hudson.

Which one was the one who drove up on campus all up in the grass and tried to order a sandwich while drunk? That dude had the kind of balls we need to build a successful team around.

I wasn't suggesting it would have been possible to keep both Cav and Moto. I was only suggesting that Jr/Sr Cav would have been better than having Fr/ 1/2Soph Hudson. That switch has no impact on the 2015/16 freshmen class. Just would have a senior Cav instead of Hudson this season and last. Hudson filled an open spot that was open late because Cav transferred late. If he stays, no Hudson.

Hudson had been recruited for months. They weren't waiting until Cav's scholarship opened up to get him in. They were trying to see if he would qualify academically.

Hudson had been recruited for months. They weren't waiting until Cav's scholarship opened up to get him in. They were trying to see if he would qualify academically.

Do you have evidence of the bold?

As far as I can tell, [name redacted] was interested in him as early as 2012 when he was still in the Class of 2013 and, again, when he reclassed to '14. [name redacted] went with Rondale instead, though, and there was not really any Hudson talk (short of including him on the list of prospects as not holding an offer). Perhaps it took him until September to qualify, but - from my vantage point - it did really seem like [name redacted] backed off and Manning reopened Hudson's recruitment.

Do you have evidence of the bold?

As far as I can tell, [name redacted] was interested in him as early as 2012 when he was still in the Class of 2013 and, again, when he reclassed to '14. [name redacted] went with Rondale instead, though, and there was not really any Hudson talk (short of including him on the list of prospects as not holding an offer). Perhaps it took him until September to qualify, but - from my vantage point - it did really seem like [name redacted] backed off and Manning reopened Hudson's recruitment.

Deman talked about us recruiting Hudson in the spring of 2014 and people went apeshit. Mainly questioning whether a guy about to get fired ([Redacted]) should be offering a scholarship to someone sketchy.

When Andre tried to transfer the first time, DM should have let him. There's your open scholly.

The program would be better off had Cav stayed around for his final two years.

16.8 ppg, 7.5 rpg, on 51, 42, and 82 % shooting on a team much better than Wake Forest? Sounds good to me.

The program would be better off had Cav stayed around for his final two years.

The only question is whether he would have turned into the player he was this year without transferring and sitting out a year to work on his game. We'll never know. I do know he doesn't look like the same player he was for us.

The only question is whether he would have turned into the player he was this year without transferring and sitting out a year to work on his game. We'll never know. I do know he doesn't look like the same player he was for us.

Good question. Probably had better help in developing his game from the coaches at GWU. I thought he was getting better at the end of his sophomore season though.

9.4 ppg on 44, 36, and 84% in his sophomore year against ACC competition only.

Back