• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016-17 Men's Basketball Schedule - 2016 Gildan Charleston Classic in Nov

Wake just announced a home & home series w/ Charlotte. That will start this season in Winston (Keyshawn already playing against former team). Also the LSU return game is scheduled for 12/22 at Winston. Then the challenge game 11/28 at Northwestern & 12/17 at Xavier for Skip Classic.
Any other Non-conference games that have been released?

How many players did LSU lose from last year's team?

I'm assuming that the last two to be named are LSU and Xavier?

Ck6hwS2XAAAht5N.jpg:large

All in all, a good schedule. Should beat Radford, Bucknell, Coastal, and UNCG. 2-1 in Charleston is do-able. @NW, @Rich, Charlotte, LSU should all be competitive good games. @X is hard. Would love to see a similar setup year after year.

Our presumably biggest home football game of the season (Clemson) is that same weekend.

I'll be there for sure. I love any reason to get down to chuck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like a strange tournament for Nova to get involved in.

There is an Ultimate frisbee tournament on St. Simon's that weekend that Jay Wright is gonna play in - the reason Nova is in this tourney. Jay and the Discaroos are competing in the Masters side.

There is an Ultimate frisbee tournament on St. Simon's that weekend that Jay Wright is gonna play in - the reason Nova is in this tourney. Jay and the Discaroos are competing in the Masters side.

As someone who plays competitive ultimate please be real

As someone who plays competitive ultimate please be real

Long running troll on my part. I played competitive ultimate for a long time, not anymore. I used to play with Adam Zagoria (not very good unless you ask him) and he wrote a history of Ultimate book 10 or 15 years ago. He always gives a shout out to Jay Wright as an old disc player when he writes on Nova. Maybe not always but often.

The scene at Wake a few years later wasn't all that great. People played but there weren't regular games and they weren't high quality. I practiced with the Duke club team some when I started grad school it was several levels above anything at Wake.

I visited Wake on Homecoming 4 or 5 years ago and thought I'd play a game of pickup in the morning before the game and was fairly surprised by the quality. It was pretty high. I couldn't keep up with college kids with skill. At all. I hung up my cleats a few months later and haven't put them back on again save for a few over 40 games. Scared to death of a ruptured Achilles now. I think I'd have to stretch for about 48 hours straight before doing anything like that now

Does this mean conference play begins with 1 or 2 games the week of 12/26 - 1/1/17. That would be kind of different, wouldn't it?

Back