• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016-17 Men's Basketball Schedule - 2016 Gildan Charleston Classic in Nov

I visited Wake on Homecoming 4 or 5 years ago and thought I'd play a game of pickup in the morning before the game and was fairly surprised by the quality. It was pretty high. I couldn't keep up with college kids with skill. At all. I hung up my cleats a few months later and haven't put them back on again save for a few over 40 games. Scared to death of a ruptured Achilles now. I think I'd have to stretch for about 48 hours straight before doing anything like that now

Last time I played was in a local club sports league 11 years ago. I wouldn't have the stamina or skill to hang now. My game used to be catching and throwing deep passes. Can't outjump anybody and can't make all the throws now.

I could probably do well against fellow olds but not against college kids.

Wait, are we talking about frisbee? Thought this was a bball thread.

Having said that, I have a few IM championship shirts for ultimate at Wake. I contributed little to nothing on those teams to be honest.

I think Adam Zagoria is into the sport because he went to the high school in New Jersey that the game was invented. I may have my stories conflated. Joel Silver, the fat fuck Hollywood and Broadway producer whom Tom Cruise roasted in Tropical Thunder (Les Grossman) claims to have co-invented the sport. He actually DID go to that high school the year Ulitmate was invented but the two dudes that made it up say he came out and played once or twice. Anyway, I could be conflating Silver with Zagoria.

Quality kid. I hope he is here during some happier times than we've had the past six years.

Bummed to see the only way we get a CofC WFU matchup is in the finals. I don't see either team getting that far.

We are roughly three months away from the start of college hoops season and I am already sick of hearing about Duke and Harry Giles.

If Wake doesn't show some early signs of being an enjoyable basketball team to watch, it is going to be a VERY long and difficult college basketball season for me to stomach.

Probably stating the obvious, but commiserating is what this board is all about.

We are roughly three months away from the start of college hoops season and I am already sick of hearing about Duke and Harry Giles.
Don't worry, he won't be on any of the magazine covers, though.

If Wake doesn't show some early signs of being an enjoyable basketball team to watch, it is going to be a VERY long and difficult college basketball season for me to stomach.

Probably stating the obvious, but commiserating is what this board is all about.

That's ok, Jayson Tatum is a better basketball player than Giles, so we got that going for us!

Back