• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k17-Chaundee Brown commits to WAKE! Brandon Randolph to AZ

I was about to ask about 2017 recruting, but just looked at the table and realize we have 0 scholarships open over the next two years. I imagine 'ships will open up at some point, but we're definitely in a weird spot with 2017 kids.

I do like Blake Harris for 2017 if/when a spot opens up.
If we have learned anything over the past five years, then it's that these situations tend to work themselves out. I don't think our staff would continue offering 2017 prospects if they weren't expecting some defections.
Let's hope the Joel is rockin'. An upset would be nice but the atmosphere may count for more in terms of impressing recruits.
It sounds like it is on TV.

Couldn't have given them a more Wake Forestish show than that. "Come to Wake where all you clutchness will wither and die..."

They mention an injury for Mitchell, but he appears to be fine, he missed a couple of games, but came back on December 19th and scored 24 points - link from the Fresno Bee, which seems to have daily box scores, including those for Buchanan HS

http://www.fresnobee.com/sports/high-school/article50751855.html
Until we recruit players from elite programs (or get to know more reliable regional recruiting analysts like Jamie Shaw), this is going to be the best way to follow our guys. Mitchell, in particular, is kind of a ghost otherwise.

Richard Washington scored 25 points earlier today as Walsingham Academy beat Petersburg 65-52. Walsingham is now 9-1. He scored a game-high 34 points last week in a 71-66 overtime win at Massaponax. Despite his point total, he was scored just three points in the first half (all of which came in the second quarter).

CP3 needs to come through with some of these elite recruits.

Richard Washington scored 25 points earlier today as Walsingham Academy beat Petersburg 65-52. Walsingham is now 9-1. He scored a game-high 34 points last week in a 71-66 overtime win at Massaponax. Despite his point total, he was scored just three points in the first half (all of which came in the second quarter).
A shooter!! Chill and Woods can fill it up too. Finally.

Sounds like Sir Richard of Walsingham is a CLOSER

"Go to hell Harry Giles go to hell"... has a similar ring to GTHCGTH! Might have just come up with a good student chant for next year.

Definitely hoping for some good anti Giles cheers by the students if Harry decides to attend next week vs. Duke. No reason for the students to treat him well considering he chose to go to a rival over his hometown team. 15 years ago I would have thought of something really creative.

Definitely hoping for some good anti Giles cheers by the students if Harry decides to attend next week vs. Duke. No reason for the students to treat him well considering he chose to go to a rival over his hometown team. 15 years ago I would have thought of something really creative.

will students even be at the game wednesday?

Back