• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k17-Chaundee Brown commits to WAKE! Brandon Randolph to AZ

Chris Hobbs was my favorite from back then.

Elton+Brand+Andray+Blatche+Brooklyn+Nets+v+wsWVJb33Zf4l.jpg

I see a bit of Elton Brand in him

I really like our big man rotation for the next two years assuming that Dinos sticks around.

Dinos, SJM, JC, and Moore.

That is a strong 4 IMO. I know 3 of them are ACC quality players and have a pretty good feeling about SJM. Moore is going to be a great test case for Manning's ability to develop a big man. He is raw, but has some really solid underlying abilities that CAN be developed. If Manning is worth his salt, Moore will become a REALLY good college player.

Was Moore injured for the Duke game? Just curious, especially with Devin info trouble, why he didn't play

Was Moore injured for the Duke game? Just curious, especially with Devin info trouble, why he didn't play

No.

My guess would be he doesn't defend the high PnR very well. Also, he sags off a lot trying to block shots inside, which isn't good for help defense. Do think he should have gotten a few minutes.

For one of our late runs we'd gone to essentially 4 guards and Devin because we couldn't stay in front of any of their guards. When Devin went out I think we tried to stick with this idea and played Collins in his spot. Good opportunity for him but he got pushed around by Plumlee pretty badly. No real place for Moore given that strategy since he definitely isn't ready to be the only big man on the floor, and I don't think Manning is comfortable enough with him yet to put him in crunch time situations yet (he picks up lots of cheap fouls which in the double bonus is like giving Duke 2 points).

Personally I thought that was a big mistake in hindsight. McClinton essentially stole Moore's minutes which seems like a waste to me. We'll need Moore to fill in for Devin next year at times so why not give him a few minutes in that situation instead of asking Collins to fight with a true center. He's giving up 35 pounds and 3 inches to Plumlee with little help inside - tough ask.

Of course Plumlee shoots under 60% from the line on the year and shot 100% against us so if Moore was in and fouls him it might not have made any difference. +13 in made free throws on top of the Crawford/Wilbekin performances... Doubt any coaching moves could have altered the outcome.

Going to see Wendell Moore play tonight. Would a "F*ck Duke," or some type of variant, be inappropriate?

A 40+ year-old guy yelling "Fuck Duke" to a 14 year-old at a high school basketball game.

lol

Just wear a Duke shirt and try to give him a $100 bill.

That's hilarious.

I really like our big man rotation for the next two years assuming that Dinos sticks around.

Dinos, SJM, JC, and Moore.

That is a strong 4 IMO. I know 3 of them are ACC quality players and have a pretty good feeling about SJM. Moore is going to be a great test case for Manning's ability to develop a big man. He is raw, but has some really solid underlying abilities that CAN be developed. If Manning is worth his salt, Moore will become a REALLY good college player.

I've probably posted this before ... but my neighbor recruited (albeit unsuccessfully) SJM for IMG Academy in Bradenton. Said SJM has an extremely high ceiling and is definitely going to be a productive college player. Said he's a monster.

It's worth noting Brandon Randolph is a high school team mate of Mohammed Bamba.

Donovan Mitchell with 26 points as Buchanan beats Hoover, 52-39, this past Wednesday. Richard Washington scores 20 and grabs 11 rebounds in a 59-56 loss to St. Christophers on Thursday.

Back