• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k17-Chaundee Brown commits to WAKE! Brandon Randolph to AZ

Per @JayJayUSATODAY Greenfield School 2018 Guard Coby White is now receiving interest from Wake Forest. More schools will join in Very soon!

Wake Forest is first to jump in recruiting 2018 PG @whitecoby4, who's averaging 32 ppg, 7 rpg, 5 apg. @GSchoolKnights @TeamWallAAU

Oak hill is playing in the chic fila Classic in Columbia which is always a top holiday tourney. Noticed our old friend Rodney miller played 1 minute with zeros across the board in their first game. Remember when we were disappointed when he signed with Miami?

Yeah in with you no doubt. But there is a reason he is a top100 recruit. But forget him, give me SJM.

Didn't he also have a bum shoulder that also affected his NBA prospects? Can't recall.... but Jesus... sorry I took us down this rabbit hole...let's start living in the present or I'm going back to mystical haikus

IIRC, dislocated his shoulder in 94 during the UNC game, despite that he lead us to a victory. I believe it didn't require surgery (see 95), necessarily, but he could have done so to shore it up and that ultimately cost him in the NBA.

@hatfieldsports "Wake Forest bound Richard Washington with 38 points in a 71-66 OT win over Massaponax"

I think Richard is going to be a really nice player. He is just starting to develop as a player. Good size, good shot, good court vision. He is going to grow up a lot physically over the next 4 years and be a very valuable piece to the puzzle.

Been posted before I think, but really enjoy watching this highlight set.

Last edited:
I think Richard is going to be a really nice player. He is just starting to develop as a player. Good size, good shot, good court vision. He is going to grow up a lot physically over the next 4 years and be a very valuable piece to the puzzle.
Agree and with Washington, and as said many times before he was not a fall back plan after higher ranked guys went elsewhere, rather Manning prioritized him throughout the summer so Manning definitely agrees with you on this. Next year is a huge test for Manning's recruiting eye but he hasn't gone wrong in his assessments thus far.

Last edited:
@hatfieldsports "Wake Forest bound Richard Washington with 38 points in a 71-66 OT win over Massaponax"

Yeah............but can he score?

Responsible for over half his team's points. Wow.

Been posted before I think, but really enjoy watching this highlight set.

Dude is really skilled. Silky. Pure J.

WCA loses, 64-58. Brandon led WCA in scoring with 19 on 4-16 shooting (2-7 from 3) and 9-10 from the FT line. Kwe had 9 points. Al-Wajid Aminu (Al-Farouq's younger brother, and a commit to the University of North Florida) and Darius Perry both had 19 for Wheeler.

Last edited:
RW looks like a better version of Sam Jackson.

55764374.jpg

Just ran into Perry Clark of South Carolina on my way up to the lounge at the PHL Marriott. Wonder whom he's here to see.

Sam Jackson was a sharp shooting, left handed small forward who played at WFU for 2 years in the early 70's. I think he averaged about 15 ppg his senior year. Washington looks much better but Jackson was very talented. He and Willie Griffin could light it up from downtown. Tony Byers wasn't bad either.

Back