• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k17-Chaundee Brown commits to WAKE! Brandon Randolph to AZ

We have not had any recruits that were good enough to have Coaches that cared enough to bother filling out the nominee forms in a long time.

"2017 Spain Park SG Jamal Johnson tells me Alabama, Ole Miss, Vandy, UGA, Stanford, Harvard, Wake Forest & UAB are recruiting him hardest."

Wasn't Rondale nominated for the McAA game?

There must be some kind of more rigorous standard than that because a bunch of states only have a single nominee.

from their own website:

The initial list of potential nominees is gathered online beginning in September. The practice of nominating players dates back to the first game in 1978. Currently, names are submitted by the following approved parties:

High School Coaches
High School Athletic Directors
High School Principals
McDonald’s All American Games Selection Committee Members

What Happens Next?

Once the nomination process closes on December 15, nominated players are reviewed for eligibility. Nominated players must be high school seniors having only participated in eight semesters of high school and in good academic standing. Nomination certificates of recognition are then mailed directly to the player’s region.

Discussing the McD's nom process is not an interesting topic. Le'ts move on to recruiting.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452136433.585053.jpg

Here's a pic of SJM from a couple weeks ago. Dude looks about 30. Ready to get him on the Big E plan, I think we'll see quick results.

He looks a lot like Travis Watson.

Damn good player for UVa. Devin Thomas is similar as a productive undersized four year center.

Tend to forget about the Brit. Hope he is a player!

Not so sure about him anymore...He wears lavender shoes. The dude guarding him looks like an offensive lineman... or I guess some rugby position held by big guys.

Gosh, those are big guys.
He can wear any color shoes he wants.......

Jamal Johnson has a bit of a likeness to McClinton.

Travis Watson and Lonny Baxter and those undersized PFs from that era were pure ACC.

Back