• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k17-Chaundee Brown commits to WAKE! Brandon Randolph to AZ

I was on a plane from Raleigh to DC back in November of '98 that Gary Williams, Laron Profit, and Ekieze were on. Williams flew first class while the two players were in coach. Felt really bad for a guy as big as Ekieze to be folded up in a coach airline seat. Looked really uncomfortable.

Hated those UVa teams but love me some T-Wat!!

Well, goes without saying I spoz! ;):rofl:

I felt the same way about Watson. A 1-on-1 game between Watson and Hansbrough (who I also loved watching while hoping he'd lose every game except against Dook) would have been epic.

If you're throwing shit at the wall and hoping something sticks, who would you say we have the most realistic shot at landing of the 5? I know it's early, just curious if you have any scoops, feels, or vibes.

To me, Black and Dillard both seem high major (like blue blood major).

Coby White is slightly lower rated, but is putting up big stats. I would say Dotson and White at this point, but that's almost a complete guess just because I think the other three are going to go to a blue school.

Right on. Thanks dude. I assumed the lowest of the group would be our best shot, but was making sure I was selling us short on one of them. Need to make the Tourney this year to give those guys a reason to trust Danny and Co.

To me, Black and Dillard both seem high major (like blue blood major).

Coby White is slightly lower rated, but is putting up big stats. I would say Dotson and White at this point, but that's almost a complete guess just because I think the other three are going to go to a blue school.

Have to think we've got a good shot at Dillard. GDS hasn't had a high major player in a while so haven't really had to go after one, but they go to Wake team camps every summer and its an easy trip over for Danny. Certainly doesn't hurt to have several moricle society members/other big donors with ties to GDS

Wake offered 2017 wing Brandon Randolph.

It's worth noting Brandon Randolph is a high school team mate of Mohammed Bamba.

Randolph is a 6'5, 175 SG/SF. He has just started to receive significant attention from analysts and has offers from Wake, Vanderbilt, Virginia Tech, Seton Hall, George Washington, VCU, Manhattan, Hofstra, and James Madison.

Here is an article from last month by Evan Daniels/Scout:

POTOMAC, Md. -- Mohamed Bamba is the big name at Westtown (Pa.) School, but on Friday at the Bullis Holiday Classic another 2017 recruit -- Brandon Randolph -- emerged as a high major prospect.

With the high school season in full swing, a number of prospects in the 2017, 2018 and 2019 classes will emerge over the next couple of months.

But for Westtown (Pa.) School wing prospect Brandon Randolph, he only needed a few weeks to hit the national scene.

On Friday at the Bullis Holiday Classic, Randolph went for 22 points and connected on all 15 of his free throw attempts in front of assistant coaches from Georgetown, Maryland, Villanova and UCF.

“I think I could have shot better and made better choices, but I think I did better from the free throw line,” Randolph told Scout after the game.

While his jump shot wasn’t falling from deep early, Randolph changed his mentality and began attacking the basket, both in transition and in the half court. Randolph used his impressive athleticism to make plays at the rim and finish through contact.

Although Randolph, who stands 6-foot-5 and is equipped with a lengthy set of arms, made just one of his long distance shots on Friday, he’s known for his ability to shoot the ball.

“I can defend,” Randolph said. “I can shoot. I can drive to the basket. I can pass.”

“He shoots the heck out of the ball,” Westtown coach Seth Berger told Scout. “This was probably the worst shooting day that he’s had. But you can see he has a beautiful stroke and attacks the basket well.”

It was evident in just one game that Randolph is a high major prospect. So the question is, how did he fly below the radar for so long? Unfortunately, Randolph missed the entire spring and summer with a leg injury.

“Brandon got hurt the first game of Boo Williams last April,” Berger said. “So he didn’t play last spring or summer. He was at the Masters School last year.”

“Since I went through rehab, I had to do a lot of work,” Randolph added. “I think I improved my game a lot.”

To go with the high major coaches in the stands on Friday, Randolph also has interest from VCU, St. Joseph, Temple and Quinnipiac. VCU and Quinnipiac are his only scholarship offers, while Temple is the only school he’s visited.

It seems as though Manning has found another diamond in the rough and a player who may help us in recruiting Mohammed Bamba.

Probably gonna head over to Greensboro Day to watch them play Wesleyan tomorrow at 7. Should be a good one, and Wake commit/prospects galore.

Wake Forest was in tonight to see 6'2 Soph. Will Dillard of Greensboro Day & 6'7 Soph Jairus Hamilton of Cannon

Back