• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k17-Chaundee Brown commits to WAKE! Brandon Randolph to AZ

I have never seen him play myself, but I think we have to expect Woods to give Wilbekin a run for the starting position at the 2 if not take it outright. He's now been on a college roster for two full seasons, he's had a year to learn Manning's system and play with his teammates in practice, work in the weight room, and he has already shown some promise against Division 1 competition. We basically got a redshirt year for development out of a player that would never have redshirted if not for the transfer (someone more knowlegable than me once pointed out on this board that redshirts should virtually never occur in top-level college basketball outside of unusual circumstances like transfers or injuries).

Woods won't be our savior, but I don't think that there is any doubt that he will improve us at that position. Furthermore, Wilbekin probably won't make any great strides in his game, but he will be a year older, a year more mature, and hopefully a year smarter. That leaves Childress plenty of time to develop behind two older and more experienced shooting guards -- and, like DCDeac said, gives him a very good shot to start at that position several years down the road.

Why are we talking about children's developing behind older shooting guards? Isn't he a point?

Why are we talking about children's developing behind older shooting guards? Isn't he a point?

I guess because he has a better chance at getting early-career PT at that position than PG.

I guess because he has a better chance at getting early-career PT at that position than PG.

Plus Crawford isn't a pure point guard. If CP3 was coming in next year we'd just move Crawford to the 2 without a second thought. Suleimon and Trimble manage to play together. Great players don't sit.

“I’m really pleased with our defense,” said Bengals coach Freddy Johnson. “We held (Wake Forest signee) Brandon Childress without a field goal in the second half. He’s one of the best shooting guards in the state, so I was very happy with that effort.”

I sense Wilbekin 2.0, but I hope I'm wrong. Or I hope that Wilbekin improves significantly and becomes a valuable player on an NCAA tournament team for two years and then Childress takes his place for the next two.

If we're going to not suck next year, someone out of the Wilbekin/Childress/Mitchell/Washington/Watson crowd has to overachieve. Otherwise it's just going to be Crawford/Dinos/Collins combining for 50 points a night while we lose by 10 in every game because we can't put an ACC quality 2 or 3 on the floor.
Have you seen Chill play in person? Don't try to compare him to MW. He's a point guard who can shoot it from deep. Not sure what MW is.

I have never seen him play myself, but I think we have to expect Woods to give Wilbekin a run for the starting position at the 2 if not take it outright. He's now been on a college roster for two full seasons, he's had a year to learn Manning's system and play with his teammates in practice, work in the weight room, and he has already shown some promise against Division 1 competition. We basically got a redshirt year for development out of a player that would never have redshirted if not for the transfer (someone more knowlegable than me once pointed out on this board that redshirts should virtually never occur in top-level college basketball outside of unusual circumstances like transfers or injuries).

Woods won't be our savior, but I don't think that there is any doubt that he will improve us at that position. Furthermore, Wilbekin probably won't make any great strides in his game, but he will be a year older, a year more mature, and hopefully a year smarter. That leaves Childress plenty of time to develop behind two older and more experienced shooting guards -- and, like DCDeac said, gives him a very good shot to start at that position several years down the road.

What you see is what you get with MW. He won't improve and if we starts the next 2 years we will continue to suck.

So once CMM graduates you're going to post like a shithead about MW then?

What you see is what you get with MW. He won't improve and if we starts the next 2 years we will continue to suck.
You were lauding Wilbekin as a great shooter just a year ago. So are you gonna turn on Childress too if he doesn't meet your expectations?

So once CMM graduates you're going to post like a shithead about MW then?

Only if his shooting drops to 20% from 3 and 58% from the line and he continues to play over 25 minutes a game.

You were lauding Wilbekin as a great shooter just a year ago. So are you gonna turn on Childress too if he doesn't meet your expectations?

I've never lauded MW for anything. Any player who plays as poorly as MW did today and for the most part this year doesn't need to be playing very much when we have better options. We don't have anyone other than Rondale and CMM to play backup PG and SG this year.

Only if his shooting drops to 20% from 3 and 58% from the line and he continues to play over 25 minutes a game.

So why continue to be so harsh in your attack on CMM when it sounds your problem should be with coach Manning?

32% from three and 80% on FTs, but whatever, bash away. It's all fair game in this crappy season.

I think most people agree that we started tanking when CMM came back from injury. He was played miserably for the most part but Manning continues to start him and give him over 30 minutes a game. Crab and RW should be getting most of his minutes IMO. At least they are a threat to hit an outside shot. I don't think teams back off them like they do CMM.

32% from three and 80% on FTs, but whatever, bash away. It's all fair game in this crappy season.

This is the only game I have bashed MW IIRC. I think a few others did as well. He gave us nothing against FSU.

Back