• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k17-Chaundee Brown commits to WAKE! Brandon Randolph to AZ

Is this confirmed? Where did you hear that?

When asked about the suspensions last night, Manning answered that they made the decision to bring Hudson to Maui. I don't think he mentioned Rondale at all. People are inferring that that means Rondale's out.

I thought we were talking in addition to Rondale. Clearly, the majority of folks around here think he's done at Wake Forest.

Oh. Gotcha.

Yeah, I don't really think that's worth speculating about. Right now, I legitimately hope everyone ends up being either a 4 year guy or an early departee to the draft (which is super unrealistic, but hey).

@rondalewatson23

Only a matter of time �� �� #Patience #PositiveVibes
10:46 PM - 18 Nov 2015

Is this confirmed? Where did you hear that?

Not confirmed anywhere. It's more just based on the fact that he doesn't play and he's been cut out of the trip to Maui. Assuming that he and Crab were suspended for the same incident, and Crab is being reinstated before him, it makes you think that Rondale might be permanently in the doghouse.

It's definitely worth listening to the audio from Manning's post-game regarding Hudson and Rondale. A reporter asks if any players will be joining up for Maui, and he says "Hudson". Someone specifically asks about Rondale, and Manning answers "Hudson".

It's definitely worth listening to the audio from Manning's post-game regarding Hudson and Rondale. A reporter asks if any players will be joining up for Maui, and he says "Hudson". Someone specifically asks about Rondale, and Manning answers "Hudson".

Cold blooded. I like it

If anything has become clear in these first two seasons it is that you do not want to be in Manning's doghouse.

Cold blooded. I like it

If anything has become clear in these first two seasons it is that you do not want to be in Manning's doghouse.

Start watching at 7:00. Cold-blooded indeed.

The way Manning handles scholarships, I think 3 in 2017 is a safe bet. My best guess is those scholarships come from Watson, Dinos to Greece after his junior season, and an unexpected transfer/early departure either this year or next.

Relevant posts from the other thread. I didnt see the end of the original thread before starting this one. If Strickland wants to start a new thread, I've told him to and I'll delete this one and move the posts over.

Saw we got our second crystal ball on 247 for 2017 PG Blake Harris.

Seems like he is on the rise.

Can we close 2016 and move on?

I'd be happy to keep updating this if folks are interested. Let me know.

What are the odds we end up with a 2017 recruit who isn't on Strickland's list?

It'd be good to have this info at the top of the thread, where it can be updated, or just start a new recruiting thread with this at the top.

I think the odds are pretty good that we will see a lot of new names added to that 2017 list by the end of next summer. In my opinion, Blake Harris, JP Moorman and Nicolas Claxton are our best bets off that list at the moment. Claxton will likely blow up into a major recruit so the staff will need to close on him early.

Thanks for your vote of confidence, y'all. If OP is cool with it, then I'll start a new thread tomorrow.

There is no way that I can even approach Deac94 in any aspect of what he does, but between the first page and the awesome contributions of Wake Forest Ranger, IslandDeac, FYC and a handful of others, there is definitely some good information on the thread behind the gifs, pedantry, and general idiocy.

Last edited:
The way Manning handles scholarships, I think 3 in 2017 is a safe bet. My best guess is those scholarships come from Watson, Dinos to Greece after his junior season, and an unexpected transfer/early departure either this year or next.

I can see McClinton being a post-grad transfer after 2017.

I can see McClinton being a post-grad transfer after 2017.

Yeah I could see that. Kinda feels like he's getting a big opportunity with Hudson out and Manning is not at all happy with his performance. Wouldn't be surprised to see his minutes drop to low single digits by late ACC play as Manning is forced to get Collins/Dinos/Devin 30 minutes each.

When the starter in front of you is hurt and a walk-on starts stealing your minutes despite scoring no points, you are at serious risk.

Isn't Vanhorn on scholarship now? I don't see the charts accounting for that.

So how does the strange 180 from Manning on Rondale to Hawaii in less than 24 hours change the transfer watch? Farewell trip?

Manning said he was taking Rondale to Maui, he did not say he was bringing him back

Back