• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k17-Chaundee Brown commits to WAKE! Brandon Randolph to AZ

I mean, another Tim Duncan would help while we're at it. Heck, I'd take a Songaila...or even a Rutland... maybe a frosh ROK, or a sr year Scooter Banks, anyone?

Do not understand this post, was not in haiku form

We've already survived #ThePhantomMenace

untitled-150.gif
jar-jar-binks.jpg

I disagree on the second part. Rechon has multiple connections to WF and loves the school. He has a couple of very close friends from Concord who currently attend Wake and he is very much considering the program. Batts is also good friends with the Miller-McIntire's for what it's worth
I will say it helps the mom cares about academics as a HS principal. Hopefully she wears the pants. Maybe CMM can give a good 'carry the Concord torch at Wake' recruiting pitch too.

I mean, another Tim Duncan would help while we're at it. Heck, I'd take a Songaila...or even a Rutland... maybe a frosh ROK, or a sr year Scooter Banks, anyone?

well if you're looking for advice, I'd stay away from the Rok/Rut backcourt. It wasn't anything special the 1st time around. Maybe consider (so) Gray paired with (sr) Ish or even (sr) Broderick Hicks. Also, (so) Vytas is a good addition to any team. My sleeper pick is (sr) Dawson.

I'd also suggest going with (92-97) Odom for your coaching choice if you don't mind winning 54-52. If you want more exciting offense try (03-05) Skip. Just switch to (77 or 84) Tacy once you get to post-season

well if you're looking for advice, I'd stay away from the Rok/Rut backcourt. It wasn't anything special the 1st time around. Maybe consider (so) Gray paired with (sr) Ish or even (sr) Broderick Hicks. Also, (so) Vytas is a good addition to any team. My sleeper pick is (sr) Dawson.

I'd also suggest going with (92-97) Odom for your coaching choice if you don't mind winning 54-52. If you want more exciting offense try (03-05) Skip. Just switch to (77 or 84) Tacy once you get to post-season

I personally think Rut was underrated - he averaged around 12pts and 3-4 assists per game. He owned Starbury in the 96 championship until he hurt his knee. You could hear Odom shouting "you can take him! you're better than him!" when Rutland was guarded by Marbury. Rutland was 5-5 from 3 and had 15pts when he got hurt. We were up 18 when he went out, and we ended-up winning by 1. Marbury's ppm doubled when Tony went out.

Plus he had a sweet Rut-Manchu

See for yourself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcpDTRnWcQc

Last edited:
2018 G Trey Wertz of Providence Day will take unofficial to Wake Forest for game Jan. 16 and to Charlotte Jan. 14.

I personally think Rut was underrated - he averaged around 12pts and 3-4 assists per game. He owned Starbury in the 96 championship until he hurt his knee. You could hear Odom shouting "you can take him! you're better than him!" when Rutland was guarded by Marbury. Rutland was 5-5 from 3 and had 15pts when he got hurt. We were up 18 when he went out, and we ended-up winning by 1. Marbury's ppm doubled when Tony went out.

That injury still hurts.

That injury still hurts.

I was at that game and thinking "Man, this is a team that can make a serious run to the final four and maybe win it all!!!" And then in typical Wake fashion, something terrible happens.

I was at that game and thinking "Man, this is a team that can make a serious run to the final four and maybe win it all!!!" And then in typical Wake fashion, something terrible happens.

OK St: Chill has flu or something. Dam it.

Back