• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k17-Chaundee Brown commits to WAKE! Brandon Randolph to AZ

I know nothing about will Dillard but can his nickname please be "the real deal will dill"

I'm thinking the "Real Deal Thrill Will Dill."

I have seen Dillard several times and am not sure he is an ACC level player. Not a very good shooter but is a good athlete, and at 6'2" (and that is generous), too small for a SG who needs to work on his shot. I would be shocked to see him recruited by the blue bloods. Think a shorter less athletic LD Williams although he does have time to develop more

To me, Black and Dillard both seem high major (like blue blood major).

Coby White is slightly lower rated, but is putting up big stats. I would say Dotson and White at this point, but that's almost a complete guess just because I think the other three are going to go to a blue school.

sportsnut says Dillard "isn't ACC level," you say he's a blue blood. What would [Redacted] do?

I wound up not going to the game, but Will Dillard is almost certainly "ACC level" according to analysts. Future150 has him as the best player in the state, and a 4-star.

He already has an offer from Notre Dame, and from a couple of different sites I see we have offered him as well. He had 10/8 last night, and is also a pretty good defender.

He's ranked 4th in the state by the PhenomHoop Report (http://www.phenomhoopreport.com/2018ncrankings), run by Rick Lewis (pretty highly regarded).

ETA: We all have different perspectives, and sportsnut has seen him play, while I have only seen highlights (limited obviously), and tweets from local analysts that I respect.

Justin Byerly ‏@Justinbyerly 11m11 minutes ago
Providence Day sophomore guard Trey Wertz is visiting Charlotte Thursday night and Wake Forest Saturday. @_TDub3

Doesn't have much of a recruiting profile online, but seems to be a big guard (6'4) who can shoot. Teammates with Devin Dotson.

Elijah McCadden will also be at the game v. Syracuse. Any other confirmed visitors?

Last edited:
Dillard is most certainly an ACC player, but not even close to the best player in the state in '18. Black, Dotson, and Hamilton could all end up being 5-stars and I'd put Dillard in the next tier (legit 4 star, fringe top 100 player nationally). The class of '16 had more star power at the top, but '18 looks to be much deeper in the State. Love to see Danny and co. getting these local kids on campus.

Justin Byerly ‏@Justinbyerly 11m11 minutes ago
Providence Day sophomore guard Trey Wertz is visiting Charlotte Thursday night and Wake Forest Saturday. @_TDub3

Doesn't have much of a recruiting profile online, but seems to be a big guard (6'4) who can shoot. Teammates with Devin Dotson.

Is his dad Langston Wertz of the Charlotte Observer? Was wondering that a couple of weeks ago.

Rechon Black will announce Friday his college choice, looks like its gonna be UNC.

That's early isn't it?

It's especially early if he is commiting to UNC with the NCAA expected to rule in the Spring. It's stupid to pick UNC right now unless he just figures he can decommit if he doesn't like the sanctions.

It's especially early if he is commiting to UNC with the NCAA expected to rule in the Spring. It's stupid to pick UNC right now unless he just figures he can decommit if he doesn't like the sanctions.

Maybe the NC State game sealed the deal???? #VIBESSSSSSSSSSS

Are we going to get anyone good in 2017?

Our 247 page is depressing

Are we going to get anyone good in 2017?

Our 247 page is depressing

I like our top targets - I don't know where we stand with Bamba, but Eggleston will be a top-100 player when it's all said and done. We really need a ACC-caliber wing...

Last edited:
I'm glad the kid isn't going to waste a lot of people's time recruiting him when he already knows his decision.

Me too. Better than stringing people along for months then making some bullshit troll job comments about feeling like "home".

Oh and by the way, let doofus announce recruiting losses.

I would be highly, highly surprised if it's anybody other than UNC.

It's interesting that he isn't waiting to hear about what the violations may be for UNC, but guessing he either: doesn't care, or figures they will be over with by the time he gets there.

Back