• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Week 12 NFL Thread: New England Patriots Chat Thread

Firstly, you're one.

cam-newton-scared-by-cannon.gif

He doesn't really do anything different that any other receiver does, its just doink 5'10 cb just bounce off him even when they initiate contact.

i think two things are probably true:
1.) gronk gets a different set of OPI rules than the rest of the league, just by nature of his size, physicality, and reputation. yeah, he pushes off, but certainly not that much more than literally every other receiver in the nfl.
2.) gronk needs to understand that he's operating under that different set of rules, and he needs to avoid contact way more than he has.

People hate Panthers fans because we will fuck you up if you come into our BofA house talking shit. You better show some respect !

I didn't realize Gronk was a cat lady, just like you RSF - cool!

RTQ will be happy to see this, too.

They won't ever admit it, but I'd say at least 95% of non-Pats fans were bummed when they read this.

The parochial mindset and persecution complex of Patriots fanhood distilled into one clean, crazy sentence. Just perfection in its own way.

i think two things are probably true:
1.) gronk gets a different set of OPI rules than the rest of the league, just by nature of his size, physicality, and reputation. yeah, he pushes off, but certainly not that much more than literally every other receiver in the nfl.
2.) gronk needs to understand that he's operating under that different set of rules, and he needs to avoid contact way more than he has.

No, most other WRs do not routinely push off as much as he does. TEs do as they are usually coming straight off the LOS on shorter and more angular routes, but WRs don't. The reason Gronk gets called more than most is that he is a TE that they often line up outside like a WR, so the difference in the anticipated style of play is pretty noticeable because it is usually on a CB instead of an LB. So yeah he is operating under a different set of rules, because the Pats are lining him up in a different position.

It makes me a little happy that ESPN is getting ripped off by the NFL.

Yeah. Usually when you get these crap matchups, ESPN still tries to sell it in the lead-up. This week, I've noticed sort of an outright disdain towards it, which is hilarious. I'm pretty sure Gruden and Tirico were complaining about it on-air during the broadcast last week.

Yeah. Usually when you get these crap matchups, ESPN still tries to sell it in the lead-up. This week, I've noticed sort of an outright disdain towards it, which is hilarious. I'm pretty sure Gruden and Tirico were complaining about it on-air during the broadcast last week.

Yeah. I don't remember what they said but it was hilarious. Unfortunately, I've got Allen and Benjamin going tonight, so I'll probably watch.

No, most other WRs do not routinely push off as much as he does. TEs do as they are usually coming straight off the LOS on shorter and more angular routes, but WRs don't. The reason Gronk gets called more than most is that he is a TE that they often line up outside like a WR, so the difference in the anticipated style of play is pretty noticeable because it is usually on a CB instead of an LB. So yeah he is operating under a different set of rules, because the Pats are lining him up in a different position.

no no no. it's because everybody is out to get the patriots.

y'all are all cute, panthers and pats fans alike

gods wonderful beautiful unique special snowflakes

Back