• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The next generation of Wake QB should be Hinton

Wolford is a great kid and a pretty good QB, but he turns it over way too much. Hinton can be GREAT. Wolford doesn't have that potential. Wasting Hinton's talents would be a crime. If Clawson won't start him , he should get out of here.

My thoughts exactly.

I am totally convinced that we win that game today but for Wolford's three turnovers. Clawson has to be beyond frustrated.

Wolford may be a better QB if we had an elite OL and perfect playcalling.

We don't.

If things break down, I want the ball in Hinton's hands.

I am totally convinced that we win that game today but for Wolford's three turnovers. Clawson has to be beyond frustrated.

Clawson said on the post game that they didn't find out about Hinton's illness until Thursday night and the prep last week involved expanding the packages they were giving Hinton. That pretty told me that Hinton would've played a lot today if he wasn't sick.

We don't.

I'm not even convinced of that any more Ph. Up until today I thought that, but Wolford had pretty good protection today and didn't perform.

We don't.

My seats are in section 4 and before KO, I'm looking for KH. When I finally saw him and in street clothes I almost got up to go get in my car and drive back to Greenville.

I'm not even convinced of that any more Ph. Up until today I thought that, but Wolford had pretty good protection today and didn't perform.

It's not like Wolford was terrible. He completed 66% of his passes for 338 yards and 2 TDs. Obviously the 3 TOs really hurt. The one where his arm was hit (or whatever happened) was just stupid and inexcusable. The fumble probably hurt the most, as I believe they scored a TD off of the short field. If they had ruled it down on the field, I am pretty sure it would have been upheld, but no matter what, he needs to protect the ball better in that situation. One INT thrown downfield isn't the end of the world, though you would prefer it not come on first down.

If both QBs were healthy today, I would have preferred seeing Hinton start, and I have said for most of the year that Hinton is the better fit behind such a poor OL. However, to act like Wolford was completely at fault for the loss today, and that Hinton would have definitely lead us to a win today is just naive. Hinton has made his share of bad plays this year as well. The fact of the matter is both of these guys are still really young and a have had a steep learning curve because of such poor OL play. The best thing would have been for Hinton to have redshirted this year and a redshirt frosh Wolford to have sat behind an experienced upperclassman QB. Unfortunately that is not the hand that Grobe and company left this staff with.

Hopefully we get better OL, QB, and WR play next year and the offense starts to look competent. However, we lost multiple games this season where we out-gained the opponent. We need the defense to start chipping in with more TOs and stops for shorter fields as well.

Our best game this season was without a doubt Florida State. Hinton all day.

It's not like Wolford was terrible. He completed 66% of his passes for 338 yards and 2 TDs. Obviously the 3 TOs really hurt. The one where his arm was hit (or whatever happened) was just stupid and inexcusable. The fumble probably hurt the most, as I believe they scored a TD off of the short field. If they had ruled it down on the field, I am pretty sure it would have been upheld, but no matter what, he needs to protect the ball better in that situation. One INT thrown downfield isn't the end of the world, though you would prefer it not come on first down.

If both QBs were healthy today, I would have preferred seeing Hinton start, and I have said for most of the year that Hinton is the better fit behind such a poor OL. However, to act like Wolford was completely at fault for the loss today, and that Hinton would have definitely lead us to a win today is just naive. Hinton has made his share of bad plays this year as well. The fact of the matter is both of these guys are still really young and a have had a steep learning curve because of such poor OL play. The best thing would have been for Hinton to have redshirted this year and a redshirt frosh Wolford to have sat behind an experienced upperclassman QB. Unfortunately that is not the hand that Grobe and company left this staff with.

Hopefully we get better OL, QB, and WR play next year and the offense starts to look competent. However, we lost multiple games this season where we out-gained the opponent. We need the defense to start chipping in with more TOs and stops for shorter fields as well.

He wasn't solely at fault for the loss by any means, but he just doesn't give us our best chance to win games. Today was a game he could've stepped up and led us to a win, he had time to throw for the most part and made too many mistakes. He had several opportunities to put us in position to beat Louisville and he threw 4 interceptions. Sure the defense needs to get us some TO's, but without looking at stats, I think the defense probably held most of our opponents below their scoring averages this year, so most games the defense has played well enough to win games and the offense has continually let us down. Hinton gives us a guy that can really hurt defenses bad with his feet and he's already a better thrower than most think. If the staff can just work with on being a better short and mid range passer, he could be extremely effective. At best Wolford is a good QB if he has really good pass pro, but not the weapon Hinton has the potential to be.

The QB competition will be wide open. I guarantee that. Each practice and scrimmage will be evaluated. May the best man win. It might be a true junior, true sophomore,
Or RS Freshman. It definitely will
Not be a true freshman.

Clawson has a really good track record identifying quarterbacks. I'm positive he'll get it figured out. I am high on Kearns if the staff is able to get him quicker on his feet. He throws dimes.

Clawson has a really good track record identifying quarterbacks. I'm positive he'll get it figured out. I am high on Kearns if the staff is able to get him quicker on his feet. He throws dimes.

Keeping our QB on their feet seems to be the bigger problem.

I assume if Wolford had gotten hurt today, we wouldn't have burned Kearns's shirt being the last game of the season. I like what I hear about Kearns, but I'm weary of a non mobile QB behind our o-line.

I thought we actually protected okay this year in more games than not. Wolford has zero pocket presence.

I wouldn't be opposed to playing KK and Hinton to see if one of them runs with it.

I thought we actually protected okay this year in more games than not. Wolford has zero pocket presence.

I wouldn't be opposed to playing KK and Hinton to see if one of them runs with it.

I thought Wolford was given more time to go through his reads and progressions today than any other game this season. He had a good completion percentage and yards today, but too many mistakes and he showed no evidence of not making those mistakes on a consistent basis.

How can an immobile pocket passer such as KK play in our vanilla spread offense? I watch teams like UNC, Baylor and TCU run creative plays out of the spread. We finally used the slot in motion today but never handed it off for an orbit sweep. We use very little trickeration. Regarding Hinton, he got me more excited than any other player this year. He showed glimpses of greatness. Wolford and the mundane offense bore the hell out of me.

I think Wolford is a good college QB.
Hinton would be good at a small college program. Something like Wingate maybe.

The QB competition will be wide open. I guarantee that. Each practice and scrimmage will be evaluated. May the best man win. It might be a true junior, true sophomore,
Or RS Freshman. It definitely will
Not be a true freshman.

We can only hope this will be the case. I'm not convinced it was this season.

I think Wolford is a good college QB.
Hinton would be good at a small college program. Something like Wingate maybe.
I think you got Wolford and Hinton mixed up. It's the other way around.

I assume if Wolford had gotten hurt today, we wouldn't have burned Kearns's shirt being the last game of the season. I like what I hear about Kearns, but I'm weary of a non mobile QB behind our o-line.

Driscoll was in each sideline huddle. He would've handed the ball off in a really vanilla O.

Back