• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The next generation of Wake QB should be Hinton

I remember the second half against Army, the Indiana game, and the FSU game. Hinton was either injured or languished on the bench most of the time after that. Hinton was the best player on the field in the FSU game. Wolford should see the handwriting on the wall and seek greener pastures. We need a change and Hinton appears to be an upgrade.

I'll be totally shocked if all three of Wolford, Hinton, and Kearns are still at WF one year from now.

Ya, both are too short. Thats why they are at Wake. Wolford has a good arm and with another half second from the O line would put up really good numbers.
We ain't gonna win many games depending on QB leading the team rushing.

If Wolford was going to be this great QB with more time like I have heard many times on this board, I think we would have seen more flashes of playmaking ability this year.
I have seen alot more flashes of bad decision making than i have playmaking ability.

The offense was better this year overall with a true freshman leading it than Wolford.

Ya, both are too short. Thats why they are at Wake. Wolford has a good arm and with another half second from the O line would put up really good numbers.
We ain't gonna win many games depending on QB leading the team rushing.

He had more time against Duke yesterday then he's probably had all year and we saw the results. As far as the QB being the leading rusher, having a QB that runs the ball well has become kind of a good thing in college football these days if you haven't noticed.

There isn't a more overrated statistic in sports than completion percentage. Get yards. Get points. Who gives a shit how you do it.

There isn't a more overrated statistic in sports than completion percentage. Get yards. Get points. Who gives a shit how you do it.

4cc1274bb4bd5697e88fb7194ce36ded_400x400.jpeg

Hinton was the leading rusher because our running game sucks.

We need to hire Alex Gibbs as a consultant. He could get the OL going.

I would much rather have Hinton on my team then to have to plan against him.

Wake vs NCSU 2008

Put a black jersey with the name "Hinton" on #16 in red and dream.
Commentators made a great comment re: Wilson....Bible adjusted his O to fit Wilson's talents.

Also miss the creativity on O with Skinner at the controls. pitches to RBs, run off tackle, slip screens, roll outs. sprint option/roll out, pocket, timing patterns on short routes.....quite different from the read option either RB or QB run it up the gut...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqEV4_v1bk4

Last edited:
I'm not even sure how legitimate of a comparison it is, but Hinton makes me think of Denard Robinson.

Back