• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wolford

Hinton throws a much better deep ball than Wolford for one thing.

Was our OL improved this year, yes. Did I see anything from the OL this year that makes me confident a non-mobile pocket passing quarterback can survive behind it next year, no.
A QB can survive if he gets rid of the fucking ball and doesn't spend his time trying to see down field around his OL. We don't need a Brad Osweiller, but Kearns and Newman might be tall enough.

Well it's up to the staff to train him to make better decisions, but with a guy like Cortez Lewis, I don't mind some deep 50/50 balls in his direction. John can run, but the difference between John and Kendall running is that John can go 70 yards against Elon, Hinton can go 70 yards against NC State.

Agreed. Hinton is the superior athlete and I think the QB of the future, assuming he can stay healthy.

John threw several beautiful passes on Saturday. . .but his mistakes were horrific and likely cost us the game.

Hinton is the better player IMHO.

Someone noted Wolford being generously listed at 6'1" 205. Hinton is shorter and lighter but the better runner and scrambler. Hinton got clocked several times and hurt his back. He obviously has to gain 15-20 Ibs. from 180 while not losing his speed. But unlikely he'll suddenly grow from 5'10" to 6'1".

Hinton throws a much better deep ball than Wolford for one thing.

Hinton throws a better deep ball but he definitely has struggled with the intermediate touch throws. Needs a lot of work there.

Back