• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Staff changes

I thought this year's team was an improvement on the field, just not in the win column. The cupboard was left more than bare. If there is not significant improvement next year. I will be disappointed. So far I am not impressed with the OL coach or the Offensive play calling. Does it warrant a change? Depends on who could be brought in to replace the fired coaches. I will leave it to Dave

I thought this year's team was an improvement on the field, just not in the win column. The cupboard was left more than bare. If there is not significant improvement next year. I will be disappointed. So far I am not impressed with the OL coach or the Offensive play calling. Does it warrant a change? Depends on who could be brought in to replace the fired coaches. I will leave it to Dave

This year kind of reminded me of 2005. Still lost games, but late. You could see the heart. We must make a bowl game next year.

I don't think Clawson's seat is hot right now, but no bowl next year I think it gets warm quick.

This view is more rational than most, but I believe that fanbases in general have become way too impatient.

In this enviornment, its incredible how few coaches can even build a resume like Clawson brought to the table. Look at programs in recent years much bigger than Wake taking multi-million dollar fliers on guys who have led one school to moderate short-term success.

This is a proven coach, a proven program builder, and a great representative of the university.

I understand. WINS. WINS. WINS.

He'd be the first to admit that 3-9 to 3-9 is not the progress we should hope for, but Clawson's program at WF is moving in the right direction. Unless there is a substantial regression in years 3-5... I really don't see the rationale behind putting pressure on the guy.

He is a rare, rare commodity in this day and age.

This view is more rational than most, but I believe that fanbases in general have become way too impatient.

In this enviornment, its incredible how few coaches can even build a resume like Clawson brought to the table. Look at programs in recent years much bigger than Wake taking multi-million dollar fliers on guys who have led one school to moderate short-term success.

This is a proven coach, a proven program builder, and a great representative of the university.

I understand. WINS. WINS. WINS.

He'd be the first to admit that 3-9 to 3-9 is not the progress we should hope for, but Clawson's program at WF is moving in the right direction. Unless there is a substantial regression in years 3-5... I really don't see the rationale behind putting pressure on the guy.

He is a rare, rare commodity in this day and age.

We are also a rare school that will give him time to build.

This is WF - Clawson gets year 4 unless they go 0-12 (or he gets caught in some type of scandal).

However, if there is no bowl game next year, the program will start losing momentum and that will make it tougher for him to succeed in the long-run. Any way you cut it, next year is a big year for Clawson and the staff.

Back