• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Player Attrition Watch Thread

I guess he redshirted this season.

Didn't step on the field once in the last 10 games of the season. This is a win-win if he is leaving with a degree in hand.

Yeah, I knew he got in against Elon, wasn't sure if he got in against anybody else. When "hands of stone" Bachman came in against Louisville and not Tyree, the final nail was hammered I'm sure.

It's pretty badass to graduate from Wake in 3 years. Props to him.

Good for him. I think he could be really good with the right opportunity.

Good for him. I think he could be really good with the right opportunity.

Yeah, sometime you just get into the wrong checkout line at the supermarket. The kid had a plan and can continue with his football career and get a masters degree.

He must have had a lot of extra time on his hands considering the fact that he wasn't playing at all the past two years.

I just got a chuckle at the idea of Tyree going to Clawson in Fall practice and saying "Coach, clearly I'm not getting on the field much this year. How about I pick up 21 credits this semester and next and finish up early?"

I just got a chuckle at the idea of Tyree going to Clawson in Fall practice and saying "Coach, clearly I'm not getting on the field much this year. How about I pick up 21 credits this semester and next and finish up early?"

maybe not such a crazy idea. kinda sounds like a win-win

maybe not such a crazy idea. kinda sounds like a win-win

Definitely. Tyree goes in the books as a Wake Forest graduate.

From Dan Collins article.
Coach Dave Clawson confirmed Tuesday through the Wake Forest media relations department that wide receivers Jonathan Williams and Tyree Harris and linebacker Teddy Matthews have stated their plans to graduate from Wake Forest and seek to continue their careers elsewhere.

Clawson also said that Deonte Davis, a redshirt sophomore who missed the 2014 and 2015 seasons while recovering from knee surgery, will not be able to return for medical reasons.

I'm not trying to take anything away from him, but with summer school classes I think it's effectively 4 years anyway (minus a class here and there).

Regardless it's impressive and a win/win.

Back