• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Football Offseason Thread

From Dans most recent article, the only Intel I can gather from the QB race is that Wolford is continuing to have his passes batted down at the LOS, one of which is intercepted. So there's that free #scoop

Where are we holding practices? From Bob's pictures, the practice fields are torn up and under construction. Are we using the indoor field? BB&T? Elsewhere?

Since you saw his games, IYP, how much of a factor was Carney's competition regarding his stats?

I didn't see him play as a Sr., so I missed any recent competition. When he was at Davie, they played a pretty decent schedule and he seemed to always be the best player on the field. Only time will tell. I'm excited about Rocky also. We finally have a pretty good stable of backs.

Where are we holding practices? From Bob's pictures, the practice fields are torn up and under construction. Are we using the indoor field? BB&T? Elsewhere?

Indoor field. Reports from Les are that it get pretty loud in there.

The endzone is blocked off?

thats the temporary weight room PH so that the football team doesnt have to share time with the other teams in the current varsity weight room.

Why would you think practices would be anywhere else but right here? They didn't build a $20M+ building just to show it off to recruits. :)

Field%20house%203-17-16%2010.jpg

Why did we fuck up the end zone? Did we run out of money for the weight area?

So we have to pony up money so our players can practice scoring touchdowns.

No can do, Bob. Got to save my dollars to write $100K checks if my sons want to go to Wake.

I mean it does seem like a dumb idea to put a temporary weight room in the end zone

I mean it does seem like a dumb idea to put a temporary weight room in the end zone

Rather less dumb to put it in one of the two endzones instead of say between the 40 yard lines.

Yes, there are worse places than the end zone but that doesn't make the end zone a good idea

Nothing says We Finish like finishing your play at the 5 yard line

Only Wake could fall backwards into $20M and fuck this up

This what the site of the sports performance center looks like now.

Field%20house%203-17-16%2015.jpg
So is this the foundation that we keep talking about building?

And to totally derail this discussion, did we W AKE the kerning in the endzone again, or is this just an illusion with the angle Bob took this from?
Field%20house%203-17-16%2012.jpg

Back