• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Football Offseason Thread

Angle. Each letter gets closer the farther down you go.

Um. No. It's another fuck-up. The "W" needs to be about 1-2 feet to the right.

I say leave it alone. Ron Wellman was responsible for obtaining two "W's" and he couldn't manage either of them well. It will be a fitting legacy!

Last edited:
Excellent points, Bob. Also thanks for all your photos. Much appreciated.

Agreed. This looks like a smart and cost effective move while the SPC is being built. The coaches and trainers on social media were very excited about the expanded size of the weight room.

I'm pretty sure the visual of the endzone is somewhat due to the letters "W" & "A" and how they are written. The distance between the top right end of the W and the bottom left end of the A is the same distance apart as the other letters. It is due in large part to these 2 letters having edges that are at a slant angle vs a right angle, like the "K" & the "E".

Similar affect as equal lines looking unequal due to direction of arrows placed on the ends.....<-----> vs >-----<

Let's not reinvent the wheel. We went through this at BB&T and it was wrong and it was fixed. It's been screwed up again in the indoor field due to the same error. Incompetence in the AD.

It's definitely not screwed up. Like 80 deac said it's the slant of the two letters. Top of the W and bottom of the A are spaced correctly

It's definitely not screwed up. Like 80 deac said it's the slant of the two letters. Top of the W and bottom of the A are spaced correctly

That was exactly the issue at BB&T. Space may be uniform, but it causes a gap. Kerning is the issue. The W and the A need to be closer. This argument is reinventing the wheel, as I said.

So the FB team has to lift weights in that walled-off space for the next TWO YEARS? Are you kidding? And how do you simulate game conditions when the field ends with a wall at the ten-yard line?

I hate to be somebody who complains about everything the AD does, but good grief. Does anything they do make sense?

So the FB team has to lift weights in that walled-off space for the next TWO YEARS? Are you kidding? And how do you simulate game conditions when the field ends with a wall at the ten-yard line?

I hate to be somebody who complains about everything the AD does, but good grief. Does anything they do make sense?

What percentage of plays involve both areas inside the 10? I imagine we can practice just fine with the offense going toward the open end zone. It's indoors so there are no elements to contend with that may affect going one way instead of the other.

Dude we just built a legitimately great indoor practice field. We are now renovating the performance center and the outdoor fields. The team has a dedicated (temporary) place to train that is WAY better than the old facility which had space constraints. Just breathe. And if it still bothers you that much, either pick up a shovel or donate more to the Deacon club.

Dude we just built a legitimately great indoor practice field. We are now renovating the performance center and the outdoor fields. The team has a dedicated (temporary) place to train that is WAY better than the old facility which had space constraints. Just breathe. And if it still bothers you that much, either pick up a shovel or donate more to the Deacon club.

You're right. I'll step back from the ledge. It's just weird to me that with all the talk of our not being able to compete on facilities we stick the guys in a temporary weight room for two years. Seems like there would have been a better option until the SPC is built.

You're right. I'll step back from the ledge. It's just weird to me that with all the talk of our not being able to compete on facilities we stick the guys in a temporary weight room for two years. Seems like there would have been a better option until the SPC is built.

Such as?

The new weights and even the area itself are really nice. So much more equipment and versatility than in the past.

The bitching about not being able to return a pick 6 10 more yards for a year or two on this thread is really dumb.

Wake fans are legitimately some of the best at finding anything to complain about.

The new weights and even the area itself are really nice. So much more equipment and versatility than in the past.

The bitching about not being able to return a pick 6 10 more yards for a year or two on this thread is really dumb.

I agree, I think the frustration is it seems like we end up settling a lot of times. We got our indoor, but instead of having full access, we have to use part of it for the weight room for awhile. However, I'm sure that if we followed other programs as closely as we do ours, many other programs have instances of having to settle for less than ideal situations for the short-term while building new facilities and such. Heck, if we want an endzone on that end so bad, put the cones at the 10 yard line at the end and play on a 90 yard field until the weights can get moved.

Curious as to how many folks have even seen the old weight room?

Back