• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Football Offseason Thread

For those of you who get to attend, we anxiously await your reports following the game.
Thanks in advance.

For those of you who get to attend, we anxiously await your reports following the game.
Thanks in advance.

You can also stream it on ESPN3 if you want to watch it live. America.

I watched the Vanderbilt Spring game on the SEC network last night. It was not a game but a scrimmage-type affair that awarded the O and D points on the basis of various achievements as well as scoring. Very dull IMO. So glad Clawson has implemented an actual game where the players pick the teams and play a roughly equalized game; makes for a much more rewarding experience rather than just another practice exercise. As he says, it's a reward for the players.

I did like Vandy's matte black helmets. They're sort of like ours but has some excellent devices on them like an anchor chain instead of a stripe. Looked sharp.

I missed the intro and watching the game on line. What is the makeup of black and gold teams.

I'm nearly out on this hand the ball off from a complete stop 5 yards deep offense.

End 1st Q. Some good throws by Hinton on current drive for gold. Running game nonexistent. Reid seems to have poor field vision as he continually runs into the scrum rather than to open field on either side. Very odd.

Is Wade that fast or our defense THAT SLOW? Two missed tackles and three guys with angles and he runs by all of them.

Wow, Chuck Wade took a short throw, broke a tackle and took it to the EZ. Big play. Wade looked a lot like Givens on that play. 14-3 Black.

Carney looked better than Bell or Reid running the ball on this drive. Hard to bring down.

Hinton's running is hampered somewhat by the one-hand touch rule in place, so his elusiveness isn't as effective. He made a poor pass decision on 3rd down that was almost picked.

Black team is the better team because they have the better defense.

Back