• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Football Offseason Thread

Those are not surprising to me. Tough to run a 4.4 and personally Reid has looked slow. We all know on this board we need a speed back and maybe the kid from Savannah is that guy. Hinton and Wolford when healthy have good speed for a RB. Some kids play faster than their 40 time and Lee is probably one of those guys at LB. Similar to Abbate who I think ran a bad 40 as well.

The speed problem with our RBs is that they don't get to accelerate before or after the handoff.

Always thought Wolford had decent speed; he had something like 50 yard run last year. Hinton is more elusive (and tougher to bring down), but not surprised that their straight line speed is close.

Those times seem slow for a Big 5 team, especially if those are hand timed.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Impressed by Serigne, Washington, Ejiofor, and Kemps times. Let down by Lee and Reid's (obviously).

My first thought was the same as yalls... Slow. But maybe it's because we're used to nfl combine #s and these are actually more in line with a college team? Dunno...

Yeah I'm curious to how they were timed. If they were laser timed then I wouldn't be as worried.

Just eye balling them i'd be shocked if they weren't laser timed. NCSU did ours with a testing group that does the same stuff as the combine and brings the lasers etc. I'd be surprised if you guys don't do the same.

Most NFL running backs do not run legit sub 4.5 forties.

Fellas. I decided to take down the 40 times. After posting it, I started feeling a little weird about it bc I probably wasn't supposed to get that info in the first place...

Last edited:
For all the recruiting talk, not a lot of burners on the team right now especially at DB where you would expect to see good times. Bachman at 4.8 isn't good for an ACC WR. John Armstrong should be on the field somewhere based off his time.

In 1984, F$U had fifty player who ran a sub 4.5. It's probably close to that today.

The average 40 time for a WR at the NFL draft combine in Indy was 4.56.

Out of over 300 recruits at The Opening-Atlanta last month only 3 ran sub-4.50.

Both of those are laser-timed, which typically is slower than hand timed (and always much slower than what kids self-report).

Florida State had one player (Jalen Ramsey) run a sub-4.5 40 at the combine. Their second- and third-fastest players, S Lamarcus Brutus and LB Terrance Smith, checked in at 4.76 and 4.77, respectively.

Excited about the 4.52s from Cam Glenn and Jessie Bates. The 4.8 from Duke Ejiofor, the sub-4.6s by the two Rovers and the 4.62 from Scotty Washington (for some reason I envisioned him being slower).

Back