• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Football Offseason Thread

Could be Wake related news because we get dook early next season and would be great to take them down and put a stop to the losing streak to them.

Ehh not really. I thought we'd have a better shot beating them with Sirk. I think Boehme is a better all around qb than Sirk

Spring practice starts March 1.

Scrimmages on March 25 and April 2.

Spring game is April 9 at 3pm.

Spring practice starts March 1.

Scrimmages on March 25 and April 2.

Spring game is April 9 at 3pm.

The Awaking starts Feb 15. I hope they post another draft video. Can Mr. Irrelevance pull off the three peat?

I agree! The last one was outstanding.

Meh. It got us all hyped up about a freshman who ultimately ended up on the sidelines.

Gehrig Dieter is transferring to Bama for his final season, eligible immediately. I'd wondered if he would consider Wake, didn't see anything about it, then read on SB Nation this morning that indeed it came down to Wake and Alabama.

Gehrig Dieter is transferring to Bama for his final season, eligible immediately. I'd wondered if he would consider Wake, didn't see anything about it, then read on SB Nation this morning that indeed it came down to Wake and Alabama.

That would have been a huge pickup.

per my googling he played for clawson at bgsu. so at least that means his players probably like him.

Clawson also recruited a WR who declared for the draft after his redshirt sophomore year. He had a ton of off the field trouble though.

I've updated my projected depth chart in the original post in this thread. All of the changes are to 2nd team. Perhaps the biggest news is the move of Thomas Brown from safety to rover. There's no chance that I'm 100% correct on the depth chart, but I'm confident that it's pretty close.

Two guys that could have big opportunities this spring will be Steven Claude and Jessie Bates, since Jared Crump and Ryan Janvion will have to sit out with injuries.

The sense of optimism and excitement was high last night at the dedication of the McCreary Indoor. A real first-class event. The pictures of the facility don't do it justice. It's enormous and has the feel of a first class facility. You can also tell that the players LOVE the place.

Spring practice starts next week.

Last edited:
I really like the move of T. Brown to rover. Not sure if he was ever fast enough to be a true safety but certainly big enough to be an LB. Seems like that position meets his skill set. You can definitely see Clawsons emphasis on size/speed at the safety position.

I went to the McCreary Field House event last night as well. INCREDIBLE facility. I spoke with someone who had seen Clemson's new facility and they said our building is nicer. The new strength and nutritional facility is supposed to be equally as impressive. The days are gone when we were second rate to the rest of the ACC in facilities.

I went to the McCreary Field House event last night as well. INCREDIBLE facility. I spoke with someone who had seen Clemson's new facility and they said our building is nicer. The new strength and nutritional facility is supposed to be equally as impressive. The days are gone when we were second rate to the rest of the ACC in facilities.

Pretty exciting!
Can't wait to see it in person myself........the photos are very impressive.
Think this will be huge for recruiting.

Back