• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Football Offseason Thread

Yep. Both Watson and Marquel Lee had their redshirts burned to play special teams in 2013. Both SHOULD have two years left, but instead have only one. With the benefit of hindsight, it was a devastatingly bad decision to burn their redshirts.

Grobe was looking out for Grobe. It was a desperate move from a desperate coach.

We need a good CB. Would love to find another Bud Noel who was a beast as a freshman

I trust the staff in recruiting every position but CB and S so far. It seems we have been lacking there so far in Clawson's tenure.

I trust the staff in recruiting every position but CB and S so far. It seems we have been lacking there so far in Clawson's tenure.

Mentioning CB is surprising given the general feeling that Dionte Austin and Amari Henderson will both develop into very good corners.

I'm hopeful that Bryant Gross Armiento can give us something in the secondary. Of course it's difficult to expect too much returning from an ACL injury.

O-line looks like it should be improved. There is no way the offense isn't improved imo. Even if defense is right around where we were this year I think next year the team could go .500.

O-line looks like it should be improved. There is no way the offense isn't improved imo. Even if defense is right around where we were this year I think next year the team could go .500.

I think we ended the year averaging about 110 or so yards a game on the ground, last year we averaged what 30 or 40? Half of that much improvement next year in the rushing game would make a huge difference.

Nice to hear Wake players parlay their scholarships into degrees.

We could use more depth at CB (3 seniors in '16) and interior OL (2 seniors in '16). I'm sure Claw has a plan.

still a very young team

especially on OL

it will be really nice when that group is full of seniors

they got a lot better in pass protection over the season - still need a lot of work blocking the run game

Well, those grad students weren't recruited due to their stellar ability. They had experience and were warm bodies. As they say down here, mejor que nada. I appreciate them coming to play for a team with little prospect of winning.

Back