• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Rumors

popodeac

Reaction score
Has anyone seen rumor that Troy Calhoun will be next UVA coach? Doesn't WF play UVA next year?

With what inevitably awaits UNC, this year's success, and Fedora's personality, would be more surprised if he's back than at another school next year.

Has there been any chatter at all about Fedora leaving UNC?

His name has been thrown out for a few openings, but there isn't an obvious place for him to go unless more jobs open up. So I think he gets a raise and stays put.

His name has been thrown out for a few openings, but there isn't an obvious place for him to go unless more jobs open up. So I think he gets a raise and stays put.

UGa possibly or Miss St if Mullen gets the UGa job. Fedora makes only $1.73 million from what I was reading and the lowest pay in the SEC West is $4 mill. Even Mark Stoops at KY is making $3.6 mill. So UNC is going to have to come way up.

Georgia will hire Richt back before they hire Fedora.

Georgia likely gets their top pick which isn't Fedora.

Missouri, Mississippi State and South Carolina are not attractive enough jobs to lure a coach away from UNC.

Jim Grobe to UVa?

I have little doubt that once the sanctions are levied against UNC by the NCAA, Fedora will be on a bullet train out of CH. He just strikes me as the sort.

Jim Grobe to UVa?

I have little doubt that once the sanctions are levied against UNC by the NCAA, Fedora will be on a bullet train out of CH. He just strikes me as the sort.

LOFL. Grobe couldn't sniff the UAB job. NO WAY does he even sniff the UVA job.

I can't believe these are our fans.

LOFL. Grobe couldn't sniff the UAB job. NO WAY does he even sniff the UVA job.

I can't believe these are our fans.

Yeah, we have fans who just post names that pop into their head every time certain jobs open up. Same happens with hoops. No probability at all, but someone posts it. Could never figure out why it continues.

Georgia likely gets their top pick which isn't Fedora.

Missouri, Mississippi State and South Carolina are not attractive enough jobs to lure a coach away from UNC.

It has to be a concern for him though that he is losing his QB. This will likely be the best year UNC has for at least the next 2 or 3 years.

I agree though. Aside from $$$, none of those programs are worth moving for. I'm sure if it comes down to it, UNC will pony up.

Jim Grobe to UVa?

once or if?

I'm not sure Fedora would stay at UNC, a basketball school with sanctions looming, over South Carolina, a football school that has shown a willingness to open its checkbook for a head coach.

Last edited:
once or if?

I'm not sure Fedora would stay at UNC, a basketball school with sanctions looming, over South Carolina, a football school that has shown a willingness to open its checkbook for a head coach.

A basketball school with reasonable expectations, Power 5 money and a four year head start on the rebuilding job that hasn't even started at 80% of the rest of their division.

If I'm Fedora, I do to Bubba Cunningham what Grobe did to Wellman.

A basketball school with reasonable expectations, Power 5 money and a four year head start on the rebuilding job that hasn't even started at 80% of the rest of their division.

tool

Geez. Everyone was begging Grobe to stay at WFU. He earned a good contract. 10 years was ridiculous but a big raise was in order for winning the ACC. The Deacon Tower doesn't get built if not for Grobe. Give him some respect.

Back