• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 NASCAR Thread - 7 Time!

I saw a fine assortment of Junior branded snacks at the grocery store today- potato chips and hot fries. Think they were all on close out.

2016 NASCAR Thread - West Coast Swing

BOBK! Rough start for ole Kyle Busch. I guess he's struggling with an old school racers package! At least for you I ain't taking your money this year!

Agree with that. I think Blaney will win rookie of the year over him also. I think Chase will have the better career though.
I think it could be a push. If Blaney eventually gets to run full time in a Penske ride, that equipment is on par with Hendrick nowadays. Add to that, SHR is switching to Fords next years, so there will be an influx of new data to parse over.

I think it could be a push. If Blaney eventually gets to run full time in a Penske ride, that equipment is on par with Hendrick nowadays. Add to that, SHR is switching to Fords next years, so there will be an influx of new data to parse over.

Hendrick equipment is better than Penske, and Chase will win before Blaney, even though Blaney is the better driver.

I doubt people know just how far behind Fords are from Chevrolet right now. Penske drivers are something else and have crafty crews behind them, but the equipment is not on the same par as Hendrick and certainly not on the same level as Gibbs.

Hendrick equipment is better than Penske, and Chase will win before Blaney, even though Blaney is the better driver.

I doubt people know just how far behind Fords are from Chevrolet right now. Penske drivers are something else and have crafty crews behind them, but the equipment is not on the same par as Hendrick and certainly not on the same level as Gibbs.

So if you're argument is that equipment beats out skill, what is Danica's excuse? Isn't she basically driving pseudo Hendrick equipment? And how can you account for Kurt Busch's run with Furniture Row a couple of years ago? Great drivers can take subpar equipment to the front and bad drivers can take superior equipment to the rear.

SHR's switch to Ford tells Ford's level of commitment to getting back to the top. SHR wouldn't have switched without a huge money promise from Ford for R&D.

So if you're argument is that equipment beats out skill, what is Danica's excuse? Isn't she basically driving pseudo Hendrick equipment? And how can you account for Kurt Busch's run with Furniture Row a couple of years ago? Great drivers can take subpar equipment to the front and bad drivers can take superior equipment to the rear.

SHR's switch to Ford tells Ford's level of commitment to getting back to the top. SHR wouldn't have switched without a huge money promise from Ford for R&D.

That's not my argument at all. 24 and 21 are both good drivers. But Ford is way behind Chevrolet and even more behind Toyota.

We all know why Danica has a big league ride and why she isn't winning. Don't invoke her name into a discussion about talented drivers.

That's not my argument at all. 24 and 21 are both good drivers. But Ford is way behind Chevrolet and even more behind Toyota.

We all know why Danica has a big league ride and why she isn't winning. Don't invoke her name into a discussion about talented drivers.

Maybe I misread what you were saying. Carry on.

That throwback deuce is pretty sweet. Wonder why they broke it out here, and not for a bigger race, and why not sooner.

Granted it was a great finish, but large portions of the race yesterday were incredibly boring. Other than blown tires every 50 or 60 laps, not much was happening. Harvick still let a majority of the laps, KyBu led a lot early.

I've never been a fan of the Michigan/California Speedway type tracks. Yes they're large and have multiple lanes to race, but to me they just seem like a glorified cookie cutter. I'll probably sleep through this one.

I've never been a fan of the Michigan/California Speedway type tracks. Yes they're large and have multiple lanes to race, but to me they just seem like a glorified cookie cutter. I'll probably sleep through this one.

All true....but we all need our Sunday naps.

Well shit. KyB was looking to give me my only decent finish today. Damn.

Stock cars are back at the Rock! Granted its X-Cup, but still good to see the old girl get some life breathed into her.

Short track racing has returned! With the exception of a a detour in Texas next Saturday (I dont mind the night races there), April is full of short tracks. The weather should be great this weekend at the paperclip. Sadly, unless I happen upon some free tix, I wont be there this year. I had to divert some of my racing funds to our 5 year anniversary vacation.

Back