• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 NASCAR Thread - 7 Time!

There was a major fire overnight at the ThorSport shop last night in Sandusky. Reports are the shop is a complete and total loss.

thorsportracingfire1-e1465841042768.jpg

http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2016/06/13/update-thorsport-racing-haulers-and-some-trucks-survive-fire/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs&yptr=yahoo

In my older age, I've grown to appreciate road course racing. I wish they'd run Sonoma in the spring though, when it is nice and green as opposed to dry and dusty.

Great win for Tony Stewart. Now we have 11 different winners this year. Need 5 more different winners from 5 guys not named Dale Earnhardt Jr. I'd go for Chase Elliott, Kyle Larson, Ryan Newman, Jamie McMurray & Ryan Blaney....but Kasey Kahne, Austin Dillon, Trever Bayne, A J Allmendinger, Paul Menard, Clint Bowyer, Greg Biffle or Ricky Stenhouse would work, too.

Of course, if that happened NASCAR would probably come up with some way to change the rules to get Junior into the Chase anyway.

As far as NASCAR is concerned, it has never been about performance where Junior and Danica are concerned. They make NASCAR money by just showing up, so NASCAR has to be sure to take care of them.

Last edited:
All in all, it wasn't too terrible of a day, but I did leave 3rd, 4th, and 5th sitting on the bench. :rulz:

Dinger's late penalty hurt, and I also had Stewart on the bench. I made that mistake after hearing his comments on Friday that his heart just wasnt in Nascar anymore.

Great win for Tony Stewart. Now we have 11 different winners this year. Need 5 more different winners from 5 guys not named Dale Earnhardt Jr. I'd go for Chase Elliott, Kyle Larson, Ryan Newman, Jamie McMurray & Ryan Blaney....but Kasey Kahne, Austin Dillon, Trever Bayne, A J Allmendinger, Paul Menard, Clint Bowyer, Greg Biffle or Ricky Stenhouse would work, too.

Two of these drivers do not fit with the remainder of the group.

This week's radioactive was a good one. My favorite part was all of the spotters telling their drivers that Denny moved Smoke, and Denny probably wouldnt make it back to the finish line.

seriously, it seemed like every three minutes

Back