• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 NASCAR Thread - 7 Time!

Really impressive performance by the 2 car to come back from the fender issues. JGR is class of field right not but Kes looks like championship material if things fall in line.

^^^^ 2 car was class of field. Fast every week.

Interesting finish. Cousin Carl sucks! Woooooo! Also noticed that when the Polish Rocket ran out of gas in pit road about 100 other teams crew were walking by and not a single one gave a high five or congrats to him lol

Interesting finish. Cousin Carl sucks! Woooooo! Also noticed that when the Polish Rocket ran out of gas in pit road about 100 other teams crew were walking by and not a single one gave a high five or congrats to him lol

Imagine what Jr could have been if he had the talent and intellect of the Polish Rocket.

Not to mention Junior is one of the greatest business men of all time in any industry period. That generates a lot of jealousy but he's made billions

Not to mention Junior is one of the greatest business men of all time in any industry period. That generates a lot of jealousy but he's made billions

If you equate being born with a last name known to every trailer park in the southeast with being a greatest business man, then yes, you do seem correct.

lol Junior is a hall of fame driver, Polish Rocket has learned a lot from him, but not hall of famer

LOL. Troll harder. You are beginning to get a few bites.

In the last 10 races, Junior has 1 top ten and a 20.0 average finish. During the same 10 races, Danica Patrick has a 21.7 average finish. Those two are getting to be more alike every day. She's probably going to be a HOF driver, too.

Ok. I am a huge Dale Jr fan. I can't believe I'm going to say this either. If he goes into the HoF, it will be as an owner, not a driver. He IS a helluva businessman though. He does it all with a firm handshake too.

Ok. I am a huge Dale Jr fan. I can't believe I'm going to say this either. If he goes into the HoF, it will be as an owner, not a driver. He IS a helluva businessman though. He does it all with a firm handshake too.

Same here. I am a tremendous Dale, Jr. fan. This season has been very tough for me thus far, as he seems to have fallen back into the mediocrity that he was in until he and Steve Letarte really started to gel (resulting in 4 wins in 2014). I was optimistic that things would continue on an upward trend with Greg Ives taking over, particularly given Ives' engineering background. Last year (3 wins) seemed to support this hope. However, simply put, Junior has just not been very competitive this season. Although he has 3 second place finishes (I think), in none of those was he threatening to win the race (he was just the first loser).

I keep hoping for something to turn around soon this season, but at this point I don't see much reason to think that it will.

Same here. I am a tremendous Dale, Jr. fan. This season has been very tough for me thus far, as he seems to have fallen back into the mediocrity that he was in until he and Steve Letarte really started to gel (resulting in 4 wins in 2014). I was optimistic that things would continue on an upward trend with Greg Ives taking over, particularly given Ives' engineering background. Last year (3 wins) seemed to support this hope. However, simply put, Junior has just not been very competitive this season. Although he has 3 second place finishes (I think), in none of those was he threatening to win the race (he was just the first loser).

I keep hoping for something to turn around soon this season, but at this point I don't see much reason to think that it will.

They cut the spoilers off of the cars and said drive 'em. You are seeing the good drivers at the front and the not-so-good drivers running 20th.

Hendrick, in general, seems to be slow this year as the 24 has been the fastest car many weeks.

Back