• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 NASCAR Thread - 7 Time!

We'll be there Sunday for our 9th race in a row at Martinsville. Soooo pumped!! By far my favorite of the tracks I have been to.

We'll be there Sunday for our 9th race in a row at Martinsville. Soooo pumped!! By far my favorite of the tracks I have been to.

Martinsville is one of my favorites, too.... but I would rate Rockingham, Wilkesboro & Bristol (before they switched from asphalt to concrete) ahead of it.

All of those are better places to see a race than any of the 1.5 to 2-mile tracks, in my opinion....and Daytona is probably the worst, as far as just for the race itself.

The best atmosphere for a race, as far as I am concerned, was Darlington on Labor Day weekend. To me, Darlington on Labor Day was the Holy Grail of stock car racing. If you are a racing fan, you haven't lived until you have spent Labor Day weekend in the infield at Darlington.

Martinsville should be great this weekend. Pissed that this is right off Spring Break and coming back from travel, and the Martinsville race in the fall is the Sunday after Homecoming. Anybody heading to Bristol in a couple weeks? Looking forward to the heat race deal to see how that goes.

Anybody heading to Bristol in a couple weeks? Looking forward to the heat race deal to see how that goes.

I'm not going to the spring race, but looking forward to the heat races, especially if Norm Benning is running in them. I'm also curious to see how Colossus looks after all of the hype.

After sitting a bunch of different spots at Bristol, our crew has landed on the back row in the Tower. Perfect vantage point of the track, see both pits, etc. The screen was big enough before, but if Colossus is as good as they say then it will make it an even better experience. Also, on the latest Colossus video I see they have marked the lines for the football field on the pavement:

At Bristol, I like to sit in different locations for the different races. I sit at the start of pit road in turn 4 for the Night Race, in the corner of 3/4 for the Xfinity race, and at the start finish line for the trucks/modifieds. I've not sat on the back stretch in probably 25 years.

Never heard of him but I just came across this about Xfinity Series owner/driver Derek White...

http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2016/03/30/nascar-driver-faces-seven-charges-in-biggest-tobacco-smuggling-bust-in-north-america/

"NASCAR driver/owner Derek White turned himself into authorities Wednesday and faces seven charges in connection to the biggest tobacco-smuggling bust in North American history, NBC Sports has learned."

Charges he faces...

Thibaudeau said that the seven charges White faces are:
•Three counts of conspiracy to commit fraud against the government
•Three counts of fraud toward the government
•One count of profiteering as a criminal organization

Among the items seized in the various searches Wednesday were:
•More than 1,800 pounds of cocaine
•About 46 pounds of methamphetamine
•Thirty-five pounds of cannabis
•100 grams of fentanyl
•More than $1.5 million Canadian in cash
•More than $3 million U.S. in cash

From the pga thred...not sure if much crossover here...

Gotta say, and hate to be Debbie Downer, but whenever Arnold Palmer passes away it will probs be only the second time I shed tears for a public/sports figure and the other was Dale Earnhardt.

It's getting a little ridiculous that he runs every Nationwide and Truck race. Let the young guys battle it out.

It's getting a little ridiculous that he runs every Nationwide and Truck race. Let the young guys battle it out.

Kyle is still a young guy....and that was the first truck race he has run this year. Maybe because he already has 159 NASCAR wins, people forget that he is still only 30 years old.

39 an 40 on my Fantasy team this week. That is hard to do.

39 an 40 on my Fantasy team this week. That is hard to do.
Literally every single one of my bench drivers out performed my starters.

Back to the Busch dominance, didn't he announce he'd only run a half dozen truck/xfinity races this year, none at the super speedways?

I feel your pain, tsy. And I was this close to putting in Allmendinger and decided to leave him on the bench. Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad move. Gave up a 2nd place finish.

Literally every single one of my bench drivers out performed my starters.

Back to the Busch dominance, didn't he announce he'd only run a half dozen truck/xfinity races this year, none at the super speedways?

Jumped 4 spots this week.

Green = Jr.
Red = Harvick
Yellow = Logano
Orange = KyB
Blue = JJ

Who ya got?

Back