• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 NASCAR Thread - 7 Time!

He had a couple hard hits in back to back weeks a month or so back. I dont remember the specifics, but remember them referencing the hits during last week's coverage.

This was Kes' steering wheel after the wreck.

CoUp-S6WEAAO04y.jpg

2016 NASCAR Thread - Pocono #2

whatevs don be jealous! Expect small crowd at pocono with junior out. Attendance and ratings really suffering with Junior out. When he retires they might as well shut it all down.

whatevs don be jealous! Expect small crowd at pocono with junior out. Attendance and ratings really suffering with Junior out. When he retires they might as well shut it all down.

It will be nice to stop the coverage of those running in 25th place when that happens. Him, Danica, Kasey Kahne, Matt DiBenedetto, and Greg Biffle have had some really fierce battles back there this year.

Is there a possibility that this will be Junior's last year as a driver? Richard Childress was only 36 when he made the move from driver to car owner....and it has worked out very well for him, both as a car owner and with his other business ventures. Junior will be 42 at the end of this year and I don't really see that much of a future for him as driver. He is already extremely wealthy, very personable and has all kinds of business contacts. I think you are likely to see Junior transitioning away from being a driver sooner rather than later....and I would think that these concussions would only hasten that move.

I could see that. He's already achieved everything. It would be terrible for the sport though, as evidenced by lack of ratings and attendance while he's been out.

I could see that. He's already achieved everything. It would be terrible for the sport though, as evidenced by lack of ratings and attendance while he's been out.

Yeah, it would probably be a death knell for the sport. Attendance was booming until Junior missed these last two races....but whatcha gonna do? Nothing lasts forever, even cold November rain.

Hendrick needs some new blood. They should push Earnhardt out and try to pry Erik Jones away from Gibbs.

2016 NASCAR Thread - Pocono #2

Hendrick needs some new blood. They should push Earnhardt out and try to pry Erik Jones away from Gibbs.

you a moran ain't nobody pushing out the cash cow most popular fella of all time only old school talent left. better to push out JJ or Casey Kaine. Ps never heard of Eric jones they should try to get Bill Elliott jr.

Gotta agree with Rubbin here. No way they push out Jr. Kayne? Yeah, I think he's on a short leash as it is. I do think that Jr. will leave the driver's seat on his own soon than later. This deal with the concussion symptoms will only help make him comfortable making the decision. The longer he is out now will push him to leave sooner.

Since Hendrick sold out for sponsor money by pushing Kyle out and putting Junior in his car in 2008, Junior has won 9 cup races and had 66 top five finishes for him.

During that same time, Kyle has won 34 cup races, had 111 top five finishes & won a Sprint Cup Championship. Kyle has also had 72 Xfinity wins & 39 truck wins during that time for a total of 145 NASCAR wins since Hendrick made that change.

These two drivers should never be mentioned together in the same sentence....because there is no comparison to be made between them. Actually, they have completely different purposes for being on the track in the first place. Kyle is there to compete and win races. Junior.....like his female counterpart Danica....is just there to show up for their sponsors.

ETA: Look, I realize that Rubbins is just trolling and that I should stop taking the bait....but all this "he's already accomplished everything" and "old school talent" bullshit gets old. As far as what Junior has accomplished on the track, very few drivers in the history of the sport have accomplished less with more than Junior. I suppose you could say he has been average...but winning 9 cup races in 9 years in a Rick Hendrick car is nothing to brag about. Kyle has won 9 races in the last 1 1/2 years...and he missed 11 races during that time. And as far as "old school" goes, Junior is the antithesis of that. With the possible exception of Danica Patrick, no driver in NASCAR history has been less "old school" than Junior....and even Danica has raced open-wheel cars in the Indy 500. "Madison Avenue" is a much better description for Junior. Anyone ever heard of David Pearson, Cale Yarborough, Bobby Allison, etc? Now those guys were "old school". You never saw slick TV commercials where those guys were moving through a big office talking about being called "Boss" while making big deals "with a handshake". That's why Hendrick hired Junior...because of his popularity with corporation sponsors....not because of any talent he had as a race car driver. I watched those guys race, as well as guys like Curtis Turner, Joe Weatherly, Junior Johnson & Lee Petty, etc. I don't know how long Rubbins has been following this sport, but it can't be very long if he truly thinks that Dale Earnhardt Jr is "old school". Now, on the other hand, if he knows all of his bullshit is just that....bullshit....and he is just trolling everyone, that's another story. I continue to give him the benefit of the doubt that this is the case. To believe otherwise would be to assume that he is a total idiot.

If Dale Earnhardt Jr's name was Dale Jones Jr nobody would ever have heard of him. His popularity is a testament to the many fans his dad had, his dad's untimely death, and Junior's admitted good personality. He seems like a genuinely nice & likable guy....and he has parlayed all of those factors into a huge fortune. Good for him. It's not his fault that he was born with the advantages he had due to his name.....and he seems like a much nicer person than his father ever was.....but let's call it like it is and stop pretending than any of Junior's success in life has much of anything to do with his ability to drive a race car.

Last edited:
you delusional? I guess you forgot when junior kicked Kyles ass and you had to write me that check huh? Obviously you do not follow the sport closely or understand it if you don't understand how junior is an oldschool racer. That figures if your favorite drivers are these spoiled kids who never raced up from their bootstraps

Add Chris Buescher to the list of drivers that have more wins this year than Jr.

Assuming he can get within the top 30 in points, we know who our 16th place points finisher will be. Not a bad bump for the 34 team, twice as good as they'd most likely have finished the season otherwise.

Assuming he can get within the top 30 in points, we know who our 16th place points finisher will be. Not a bad bump for the 34 team, twice as good as they'd most likely have finished the season otherwise.

Buescher is actually a really solid driver IMO. He seemed more impressive to me than Trevor Bayne and Ricky Stenhouse in the 2nd tier series, both of which benefit from being earlier into the Roush stable than Buescher

I would expect a fringe top 15 run for Buescher at Bristol and if they can survive Dega with a good finish, he will find a way into the top 30.

I really like Buescher as a driver, but due to timing, he's unfortunately been put into a sub-par ride. Agreed that he'd be much better if he were in Roush equipment. Hopefully the Stewart-Haas move to Ford will help elevate the rest of the blue ovals.

Former Xfinity driver Bryan Clauson had a pretty horrific midget car accident at Belleville in Kansas last night and was airlifted out. Reports are sparse. There is video out there for those who wish to search it. He was attempting to run 200 races this year and was somewhere around 120 I believe with 25ish wins. For those into Sprints, midgets, etc. he is a pretty big name. Was running first at time of the wreck with a lapped car and flipped several times before landing on his side and being hit by another car.

Last edited:
Back