• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 NASCAR Thread - 7 Time!

I watched the video of the wreck and life flight this morning. Brutal. I did hear that he is breathing on his own, so that's a good sign.

Of note, and tvcigar can probably elaborate more, but George Brumhausel III injured his left arm in the WSMT race at Bowman Gray last night, possibly fracturing it.

Did just find one post that the drivers were told he was alive before the race continued but critical and unconscious. They are now saying that he is stable but the family is not providing information so I'm not sure who that's coming from. Took 30 minutes to cut him out of the car which is a bit ridiculous in this day and age.

It was a tweet referenced on r/Nascar earlier this morning.

A 30 min extrication really isn't abnormal. Most of our extrications take 30-45 min, especially with a critical patient. We shoot to have the pt in a hospital within the golden hour, so distance and extrication time factor into calling in the chopper. He took a direct hit to the cockpit, so they undoubtedly took great care getting him out.

The family finally released a statement saying he was in critical condition, but not much more.

The 42 taking a hard hit out of the last turn ruined a pretty strong fantasy day for me. Also, I'm really sick of the NBC announcing crew again.

Edit: nevermind! I forgot I switched the 42 for the 14 at the last second!

Last edited:
Chose KyBu over Butthead, and Larson over the Dinger. Larson is understandably angry at the Dinger.

MRN really fubar'd yesterday during the race, when they prematurely announced that Clauson had passed away. They ended up having to retract that statement on the air, but he ultimately did pass away last night.

BSJlbSr.jpg

So sad to hear.

George Brunhozl the 3rd has an arm injury, but they are not releasing details at this time. He was screaming over his radio that he broke his arm.

Today starts my favorite week of the year. Monday we're going to the Nascar hall of fame, then Tuesday morning heading to Bristol to hang out with the boys until the weekend when the wives arrive. To me, the Wednesday night Mod/truck races are the best of the week.

Racing in the rain was fun as a one-off event. Wouldn't want that to happen every week.

It's usually between the 20th and 25th of August. I believe it's just how the weekend fell this year that makes it feel earlier.

Thanks...I always thought it was the last Saturday of August...right before CFB started back.

Bryan was a friend.

Of the 4 guys I spent a lot of time with in the nationwide series, 2 are dead and 1 won't be getting behind the wheel again .

The mods and trucks are running the bottom groove again. It's starting to feel like the old Bristol. In a thunderstorm day, 1/3 through the Mod race. Looks like a post truck race finish.

There's a decent crowd here already, more than the past. Lots of walk up sales, so hopefully tomorrow night's crowd will also be decent.

My boy Harv wins on my bday!! And I get a crapload of new 4 gear from the lady. Good NASCAR day for me.

What up with June Bug? Seriously, a prolific driver, icon of the sport, arguable future HoF, and it seems like there's not much info. Not much makes me nervous but this is starting to give those vibes.

What up with June Bug? Seriously, a prolific driver, icon of the sport, arguable future HoF, and it seems like there's not much info. Not much makes me nervous but this is starting to give those vibes.

He has looked quite metro in those videos he has been posting each week. Are you sure that is your guy?

Back