• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Women's Hoops

Big win tonight over UNC 75-63.

UNC isn't ranked and is having a down year by their standards, but they are always well coached and athletic.

Always nice to beat the tar holes in any sport.

Always nice to beat the dreaded Holes.

Apparently UNC only has six scholarship players right now (four transfers and two season-ending injuries). Still good win

Best win women's hoops have had in a long time. The gal they brought in second semester looks really good. Also, having Brunori back has been a big boost. Finally, their big time recruit Stephenson finally played like a big time recruit with 17 points yesterday.

Have no idea if WF's current coach can raise the level of what has traditionally been WF's worst program, but it appears that no coach has recruited better than she has.

Best win women's hoops have had in a long time. The gal they brought in second semester looks really good. Also, having Brunori back has been a big boost. Finally, their big time recruit Stephenson finally played like a big time recruit with 17 points yesterday.

Stephenson has been playing well all year.

The women won at BC today. Wake added an Italian player in January, Elisa Penna, and she seems to be playing very well. She scored 22 points today and was 12/12 on free throws.

Hoover is a great coach and a class act. She has an eye for talent and is a great in-game coach.

Her years at HPU had us playing to record wins each year and even an upset over #10 PiTT. She has the goods just let her do her thing.

Wake has had four straight top 25 recruiting classes. We have also been more snakebitten than any team I can remember following over the past 3-5 years.

I believe in what Hoover is doing and think we will be fine.

That being said...it needs to happen here soon.

Glad to see us winning a couple in a row. Even if this is a lost season, we need to be showing signs of progressing. Next year we need results.

Glad to see us winning a couple in a row. Even if this is a lost season, we need to be showing signs of progressing. Next year we need results.

Yeah, next year should be when the good recruiting needs to start paying dividends. I like Hoover, was impressed with her when she was at HPU and think she's doing a good job at Wake so far given some of the issues the team has had to deal with. I think she's kind of in the Clawson boat though, in that next season we need to start seeing some real results in the win column.

Up to a solid 136th in Sagarin - not that women's basketball is fun to follow or watch at all. Connecticut is apparently 15 points ahead of second place on a neutral court in this system. IIRC last year they were something like 19 points better than second entering the NCAAT. Woooooo can't wait to watch those games!1

The women are only down 6 at half against 14 Louisville, at least they have some fight in them, more then the men's team can say.

Women lose by 24, men by 23

Women with a nice win on the road versus Pittsburgh 60 -49. The women now have a better record than the men. Saw Brunori didn't play, is she hurt again, I think she has had two torn acl's alreadry.

Back