• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread: NFL Draft - Rams pick Goff #1

Cleveland hired Moneyball's Paul DePodesta as "Chief Strategy Officer" earlier, so you'd think their new head coach would be on board with being the NFL's first analytics HC. Seems like a boom/bust situation. Looking for Cleveland to not punt and always go for 2 point conversion. They should be very active in the off-season.

Damn I thought the adoption of advanced stats could really work in the NFL. The Browns trying it pretty much ensures it failure. RIP stats.

So the Eagles hired the OC of the long time head coach they fired before they hired the current coach they fired. Good job, good effort.

So the Eagles hired the OC of the long time head coach they fired before they hired the current coach they fired. Good job, good effort.

Yes. I had this horrible, sinking feeling yesterday after I heard the news, like someone had died. Then I remembered I knew that feeling. It was exactly how I felt when [ ] was hired.

Something tells me they aren't winning this press conference either.

Not to be outdone, the Lions announced Caldwell will be back next year.

Interesting to speculate that if the Eagles had not hired the big name college coach last time (and went with another NFL retread), then how hard do they pursue Saban during this search?

Saban is an NFL retread. I think that would have stopped them.

Am I the only person here who wishes Caldwell and Austin success in Detroit?

Caldwell is 1 of the 16 coaches to make the playoffs in the past 2 years. He did better than Tom Coughlin.

Everyone wished Bzz success here. That didn't mean we actually thought it would happen.

For the record, I wished Buzzdick a painful death upon his departure. I loathed that man. Who here wished him success? Huge difference between him and Gentleman Jim.

Caldwell is 1 of the 16 coaches to make the playoffs in the past 2 years. He did better than Tom Coughlin.

So what ? Mike Smith was fired two years after making the NFC Championship Game.

So, rumor is that the Eagles wanted to hire McAdoo, or maybe Coughlin. but when the Giants promoted McAdoo and kept Coughlin's staff in NY, Coughlin was out too. So they moved on to some other guy.

Back