• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread: NFL Draft - Rams pick Goff #1

So, rumor is that the Eagles wanted to hire McAdoo, or maybe Coughlin. but when the Giants promoted McAdoo and kept Coughlin's staff in NY, Coughlin was out too. So they moved on to some other guy.
They're all turd coaches

NFL Offseason Thread: Eagles hire some dude

how is saban a retread but hue jackson is not?

I thought Saban was in Miami for 3-4 years. Forgot it was only 2.

A 1 or 2 year guy barely got a shot.

Hue was in a weird one year thing in Oakland. He was never really their long term coach. So I wouldn't call him a retread.

That being said, my boy Petros doesn't thing much of him, so I'm out.

Buckets do you listen to P&M?

You're mixing up my stance that a one or two year coach isn't a retread with Milhouse saying Hue is a retread.

Retreads aren't really a problem in the NFL. Belichick, Carrol, Reid, Coughlin, Kubiak - all retreads.

If I were a Cowboy or Redskins fan, I'd be happy with the hires in NY and Philly.

If I were a Cowboy or Redskins fan, I'd be happy with the hires in NY and Philly.

This. Add to that Philly doesn't have a QB, and Chip got rid of their play makers. And I think the real problem in NY has been Reese, not the coaching staff. They have little talent on D, and their running game and OL are shite. They have a great QB and 2 WR combo, and that's it.

This. Add to that Philly doesn't have a QB, and Chip got rid of their play makers. And I think the real problem in NY has been Reese, not the coaching staff. They have little talent on D, and their running game and OL are shite. They have a great QB and 2 WR combo, and that's it.

The Oline talent is pretty good when healthy, but they had a ton of injuries there this season. But yeah, Reese's complete failure to address talent on D is the major problem. This draft and FA they need to go all-in on the D like BBD in the YMCA locker room.

Back