• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread: NFL Draft - Rams pick Goff #1

Apparently Sam Bradford's agent asked for $25mm a year

Great offseason for the iggles

Apparently Sam Bradford's agent asked for $25mm a year

Great offseason for the iggles

That means $25,000,000, right ? Per year ? You might want to check your facts.

They're no worse off if they let him walk than they are if they sign him to a market deal. I mean Andy Dalton's making about $15 million and he's better than Bradford.

Last edited:
I mean he was traded for Nick Foles and a formula of draft picks. Of course you'd have an inflated opinion of your market value.

Well, the QBs coach they just hired from Oakland turned Derek Carr into a great QB, so why don't they just let him walk and draft some guy and let the new bro work his magic again?

ETA: You probably franchise Bradford to avoid paying him too much/him walking, and keep him around for a year while you get your guy in.

Well, the QBs coach they just hired from Oakland turned Derek Carr into a great QB, so why don't they just let him walk and draft some guy and let the new bro work his magic again?

ETA: You probably franchise Bradford to avoid paying him too much/him walking, and keep him around for a year while you get your guy in.

Stick to your guns. If you're gonna denounce "throwball" in one of your "here's why I'm better than you" memes, ya should stay off the NFL offseason thread.

There's no reason to pay Sam Bradford anything

Why would you franchise Sam Bradford for $19 million ?

Why would you franchise Sam Bradford for $19 million ?

It's unappealing but trying to find a QB in free agency doesn't look too hot either. Bradford looked pretty good in the 2nd half of the season. But I wouldn't worry as much about the QB situation as OL and WRs. Bradford is good enough, but you could probably find a guy off the scrap heap and make it work in Philly. Maybe a head coach who doesn't think he's the hottest shit alive would recognize that running plays under center with Murray might work too.

Bradford sucks, you can find someone to put up the same numbers for $5mm a year

It's unappealing but trying to find a QB in free agency doesn't look too hot either. Bradford looked pretty good in the 2nd half of the season. But I wouldn't worry as much about the QB situation as OL and WRs. Bradford is good enough, but you could probably find a guy off the scrap heap and make it work in Philly. Maybe a head coach who doesn't think he's the hottest shit alive would recognize that running plays under center with Murray might work too.

But if you think you can find someone off the scrap heap who's good enough to make it work you might as well sign Bradford for his market value for three years instead of overpaying him for one when you need OLs and WR NOW, because Ron Jaworski's not walking through that door. Donovan McNabb's not walking through that door. Hell, Joe Psarcik's not walking through that door.

Bradford sucks, you can find someone to put up the same numbers for $5mm a year

It's kinda tough to judge. His WR1, Jordan Matthews, dropped a fuckload of passes this year. And after that, he had Huff, Cooper, Agholor, Ertz, and Celek. Woof.

But if you think you can find someone off the scrap heap who's good enough to make it work you might as well sign Bradford for his market value for three years instead of overpaying him for one when you ned OLs and WR NOW, because Ron Jaworski's not walking through that door. Donovan McNabb's not walking through that door. Hell, Joe Psarcik's not walking through that door.

well most people are suggesting his "market value" is $18MM right now, so that's not too much different than franchising him

and the idea with franchising him is that you aren't tied to him for more than a year - the only threat there is the threat of success - if he's too good, his market value goes up

It's kinda tough to judge. His WR1, Jordan Matthews, dropped a fuckload of passes this year. And after that, he had Huff, Cooper, Agholor, Ertz, and Celek. Woof.

Good quarterbacks make that shit work.

giphy.gif

Bradford is a bottom third quarterback and the numbers bear that out. You don't franchise a bottom third player. Aside from that, there's probably somebody else more worthy of the franchise tag on the team.

well most people are suggesting his "market value" is $18MM right now, so that's not too much different than franchising him

and the idea with franchising him is that you aren't tied to him for more than a year - the only threat there is the threat of success - if he's too good, his market value goes up

Only if you don't think Ryan Tannehill is being overpaid.

This is why GMs get fired.

This reminds me. I need to go back to the Chris Givens thread and discuss his performance with the Ravens.

ETA: Oh man, Givens' numbers were worse than I even realized.

Last edited:
Good quarterbacks make that shit work.

Bradford is a bottom third quarterback and the numbers bear that out. You don't franchise a bottom third player. Aside from that, there's probably somebody else more worthy of the franchise tag on the team.

MVP quarterbacks make that work. Even good quarterbacks struggle if their OL and WRs are both terrible and the guy calling the plays is clueless.

Yeah, it doesn't look like there will be many good free agent QB's this year. Somebody has to take the snaps from center. Look what happened to the Cowboys when Romo went down and they were using their backups. See also Ravens after Flacco went down.

Eagles may need to pay Bradford to have someone competent back there. Sanchez isn't the answer.

Damn. On the Chris Givens thread you were telling me that Sam Bradford is a terrible quarterback and that Givens was a decent receiver who needed a chance.

bad qb, weak OL, GOLD!

It's just dumb to argue he has been given a golden opportunity when he isn't on a pass first team with a good QB or OL.

BTW, Givens best seasons were easily his first two, and Bradford was his QB.

Last edited:
Back