• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread: NFL Draft - Rams pick Goff #1

Damn. On the Chris Givens thread you were telling me that Sam Bradford is a terrible quarterback and that Givens was a decent receiver who needed a chance.

nah

i said givens didn't have a "golden opportunity" in st louis because he had bad QB and weak OL

bradford was hurt for most of givens' tenure in StL, man

Bradford sucks, you can find someone to put up the same numbers for $5mm a year

There are only two qbs who could put up his numbers since he was third from the bottom in the NFL with a qb rating of 41.8. Paying him 5mil to qb is like paying Buzz 2mil to coach. How about a ham sandwich and all the fries he can eat as compensation for 2016?

again, i don't think bradford is a top 5-7 QB, but he can be a top 10 guy

he was 11th in completion % and 12th in yards/game with a beat up OL and garbage WRs and a coach who ran the same plays 40 times a game

There's no reason to pay Sam Bradford anything

Why would you franchise Sam Bradford for $19 million ?

Bradford sucks, you can find someone to put up the same numbers for $5mm a year

All of these. Bradford is HOT garbage.

again, i don't think bradford is a top 5-7 QB, but he can be a top 10 guy

Haha no. Stop now.

He's sucked in two different cities with three different systems. He's broken and ungood. Let him walk and sign any number of current backups for $5M/year that could put up equal or better numbers.

I don't know. All I see is a middle of the road quarterback (at best) whose never been to the playoffs and throws a bunch of interceptions. If he gets better it will be because Demarco Murray has a good year.

I don't know. All I see is a middle of the road quarterback (at best) whose never been to the playoffs and throws a bunch of interceptions. If he gets better it will be because Demarco Murray has a good year.

This was Bradford's first season when he didn't have a major injury, although he was still recovering from his previous knee reconstruction surgeries. He actually looked competent towards the end of the season. Every team gotta have a QB. Bradford, believe it or not, may be the best FA QB available. Unless you want to wait and take a chance that Washington lets RGIII go and you think he could actually be coachable.

So if you're a GM would you sign Sam Bradford, who hasn't had a good season since he was at Oklahoma, and overpay him, because he didn't suck the last few weeks (finishing the season in spectacular 3-2 fashion when 4-1 would have won the division), because you can't imagine there's someone better out there ?

I hope RGiii finds a new home and plays awesome and trolls Washington forever

So if you're a GM would you sign Sam Bradford, who hasn't had a good season since he was at Oklahoma, and overpay him, because he didn't suck the last few weeks (finishing the season in spectacular 3-2 fashion when 4-1 would have won the division), because you can't imagine there's someone better out there ?

Imagining has nothing to do with it. Look around. Who are the great free agent QB's likely to be available in 2016? What great college QB will be available at the Eagles pick in the draft?

NFL Offseason Thread: Eagles hire some dude

Imagining has nothing to do with it. Look around. Who are the great free agent QB's likely to be available in 2016? What great college QB will be available at the Eagles pick in the draft?

Beats me, but if you're a GM and want to be there in five years, the sooner you get rid of Sam Bradford the better.

I mean, the Rams traded him for Nick Foles almost straight up.

townie how is the hand after the devastating everton tie

Haha no. Stop now.

He's sucked in two different cities with three different systems. He's broken and ungood. Let him walk and sign any number of current backups for $5M/year that could put up equal or better numbers.
He won rookie of the year and had a good start before he was lost for the season in 13. I think it's dumb to write his book already. But I'm ok being in the minority with this one.

There is no way Sam or his agent asked for $25 million unless it was a multi-year deal. It's no coincidence that this story is being floated right after the Eagles hired a new coach. Sam isn't his guy and I think he is fine with that. I wouldn't want to stay in Philly either.

He looked really bad at times this year, good some of the time, but never great. It really looked like it took him most of the year to settle in after having essentially a year off. He has played for something like 4 different OCs in 6 seasons, had the shittiest WRs to throw the ball to, and never any semblance of a good offensive line. He may very well be broken at this point and unfixable, but maybe not. I think he ends up a backup somewhere. There are a number of teams out there he could still start for.

People who don't watch the Eagles every game really don't have a clue. Bradford had a bad OL and terrible receivers. His first half of the year was in a new system and he hadn't played in a long time due to the ACL's, including hardly playing at all preseason. The 2nd half of the year he was very good. His movement in the pocket became solid and his accuracy was excellent. Pro Football Focus rated Nelson Agholor the worst WR in the league and the other primary WR was Riley Cooper. Go back and watch Agholor drop a pass in the end zone and Cooper drop a perfect 50 yarder at midfield against the skins in the "NFC East championship game" and you'll know what he dealt with all year.

The biggest question for me going forward is still his durability. I believe he'll be a top 10 QB if he stays healthy. Because of the durability concern, I would franchise him and wait another year before trying to sign him long term. But I definitely think his ability is franchise QB level and you don't just give those away.

He's not a franchise level qb

Although, I hope cousins and bradford are NFC east starters for years and years to come

You guys are right. Eagles fans feel free to pay Bradford max money.

He's your QB of the future! The rest of the NFC supports it!

I think they will try to re-sign Bradford but ultimately he will want more than they are willing to pay. They'll end up drafting a QB and signing someone like Chase Daniel to fill the role Pederson did in his playing days.

Back