• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread: NFL Draft - Rams pick Goff #1

CdCp8FfUAAIzcng.jpg

Yet Bradford remains. The Eagles are doing their best to rid themselves of the stench of Chip Kelly, yet they sign his biggest and most recognizable turd to an extension. So if they do actually turn it around, it will be because of Kelly's QB. Makes sense.

Assuming he's a turd (which I don't agree with and who they signed to a two year deal that is easy to get out of after one) who exactly do you believe they should've had as their QB this upcoming year? BTW, it wasn't an extension, he was a free agent.

6 years/$90 million for Malik Jackson?

giggle

Even after the Malik Jackson deal the Jaguars still have the most cap space in the NFL. They can afford to over pay and they have to.

It looks like they're also getting Chris Ivory and releasing Toby Gerhart.

Jenkins isn't even that good is he?

Even after the Malik Jackson deal the Jaguars still have the most cap space in the NFL. They can afford to over pay and they have to.

It looks like they're also getting Chris Ivory and releasing Toby Gerhart.
Hopefully these deals are front loaded

Assuming he's a turd (which I don't agree with and who they signed to a two year deal that is easy to get out of after one) who exactly do you believe they should've had as their QB this upcoming year? BTW, it wasn't an extension, he was a free agent.
Gotta lock in mediocrity

Gotta lock in mediocrity

One or two years of a guy who is at least mediocre looks better than anyone out there on the market. Also, in Philly's situation, better the devil you know than one you don't. Philly should use the draft to fix the O-line and other parts of the team this year and then look for a QB in the 17 draft.

$12mm a season seems like a reach

Possible, but they've still got over $40 mil in cap room after signing JPP and Jenkins. Their defense was atrocious so I appreciate the effort on a proven good player who is still young and getting better. They are making a big push for both Olivier Vernon and Snacks; if they manage to land both of them with money left over for LBs and an OL or two, that is a successful FA period.

Apparently they told him he needs to take a massive pay cut, like down to the minimum, if he wants to stay. By all accounts he is going to do it, as nobody else is going to pay much of anything for a guy who hasn't played in 2 years. But his endorsement deals are high in NYC so he has a big monetary incentive to stay. That would clear another $6 mil or so of cap space. Low risk, high reward for the team.

Is he going to play again? Still rehabbing?

How long till OBJ breaks down like Steve Smith, Nicks, and Cruz? It's in the water

I see the salary cap went up so teams decided to just start throwing money around, 9 millions for Marvin Jones, then he counterpart Sanu to the Falcons for 7 million a year. I wonder what the Broncos are going to do now since apparently the Texans have Osweiler.

Back