• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread: NFL Draft - Rams pick Goff #1

the eagles are going to interview coughlin

What is so special about Gase?

Lol from Adam Schefter's Twitter

Giants scheduling former Falcons' HC Mike Smith to interview for their HC job, per league sources.

What is so special about Gase?

He did coach Tim Tebow to a conference championship game. They also showed tremendous adaptability with that offense.

That said, this is an extremely mediocre hiring cycle.

I just don't get how someone who coaches Cutler has a rep as a QB whisperer.

Definitely a mediocre hiring cycle. The same was true for college.

Lol from Adam Schefter's Twitter

Giants scheduling former Falcons' HC Mike Smith to interview for their HC job, per league sources.

I don't dislike Smith (or Coughlin), but that would be quite a shift in coaching personality/style. Night and day.

Apparently the Giants think the Rooney Rule not only applies to minority race candidates but also to the mentally disabled.

@jasongay
This LA football thing feels like telling your grandma you're not hungry, and then she brings out lasagna, meatloaf and a chicken pot pie.

@jasongay
This LA football thing feels like telling your grandma you're not hungry, and then she brings out lasagna, meatloaf and a chicken pot pie.
This is true

Everybody in LA that cares about the nfl has a team, it's not like people are waiting for someone to root for

Most people are excited just bc it means the team they do like might come visit La for an away game

NFL Offseason Thread: Early Entrants and Retirements (Calvin Johnson?)

That's a great analogy. Seems like LA and the NFL have done very well over the last 22 years yet here we go.

If y'alls respective teams that you pull for relocated would you be more likely to:

a) just keep pulling for them
b) find another team to pull for
c) keep watching NFL like you presently do without a team to pull for
d) decrease your time spent watching/following the NFL
e) insert your own reaction here

That's a great analogy. Seems like LA and the NFL have done very well over the last 22 years yet here we go.

Heard a segment on the radio up here that it might be worse for viewership in LA. Now they have to show the local teams in the second biggest market instead of the top games at each time slot.

If y'alls respective teams that you pull for relocated would you be more likely to:

a) just keep pulling for them
b) find another team to pull for
c) keep watching NFL like you presently do without a team to pull for
d) decrease your time spent watching/following the NFL
e) insert your own reaction here

That's a good question but I'd probably keep rooting for the Jags. It's different since I no longer live in Jacksonville.

Rams are coming to LA, it's officially official

That's a good question but I'd probably keep rooting for the Jags. It's different since I no longer live in Jacksonville.

Same for me with the Panthers. I've been a Panthers fan away from NC as long as I was in NC.

Back