• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread: NFL Draft - Rams pick Goff #1

if the Panthers split I'd watch and follow the NFL much less. I grew up a Braves fan and barely watch baseball now.

Same for me with the Panthers. I've been a Panthers fan away from NC as long as I was in NC.

This was the opinion one of my friends held. He asked why I would stop pulling for the Panthers if they left the state even if I don't live there anymore and don't plan on moving back.

For instance when the original Hornets left, the NBA was dead to me for quite some time. The Bobcats did very little to change that.

It's cool the league scammed another city but will ppl go to games in LA?

I think my biggest question/challenge is what about raising kids in a city with a team?

When there are little buckets dancing around are you going to take them to Rams games?

#goRams

If I'm still in Boston when I have kids they certainly aren't going to be Patriots fans if I have a say. With Sunday Ticket you can watch anything, plus blog coverage, can listen to podcasts if you want, etc. makes it more accessible if the kid is interested in the sport. Who knows though.

I think my biggest question/challenge is what about raising kids in a city with a team?

When there are little buckets dancing around are you going to take them to Rams games?

Raise them to support your team. If they support the home team, that's fine unless you live in Atlanta.

Luckily the Panthers are on the verge of a dynasty so they'll love my squad

And kids love cam

No one loves nick foles

Raise them to support your team. If they support the home team, that's fine unless you live in Atlanta.

Also won't be great for internet warrior fanhood arguments but besides that they'll be gucci

So for those who attend next year, what's the % breakdown gonna be of lifelong Rams fans / new Rams fans / fan of opposing team / completely indifferent, football in LA, let's go to a game crowd?

I feel it's gonna be a lame atmosphere unless they get good.

Last edited:
So for those who attend next year, what's the % breakdown gonna be of lifelong Rams fans / new Rams fans / fan of opposing team / completely indifferent, football in LA, let's go to a game crowd?

I feel it's gonna be a lame atmosphere unless they get good.

There are still lifelong Rams fans in LA. All the micro olds and olds in LA grew up with the Rams.

ought to change the team name to something like Angels or maybe Sparks

There are still lifelong Rams fans in LA. All the micro olds and olds in LA grew up with the Rams.

kind of......... I honestly haven't met one person in LA that was rooting for the St. Louis Rams

if the team is good, people will go and pretend to care like they do with the clippers now

if they suck, people will go to the beach and lakers games

Back