• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread: NFL Draft - Rams pick Goff #1

Part of me feels bad for St. Louis fans, but part of me doesn't given they're also the "best fans in baseball" and deserve horrible things.

If Calvin is smart, he will go to the Carolina Panthers and get out of that hellhole known as the Detroit Lions. Go to a QB who can get him the football.

If the Panthers are smart, they won't shell out the price he would demand on the open market.

Read an article on CJ and it talked about how smart he is - referencing that he's from a two parent household

Facepalm

#goRams

If I'm still in Boston when I have kids they certainly aren't going to be Patriots fans if I have a say. With Sunday Ticket you can watch anything, plus blog coverage, can listen to podcasts if you want, etc. makes it more accessible if the kid is interested in the sport. Who knows though.

this is how I am (I have a 6m old boy and live in Somerville) but my wife says why alienate the boy from all his classmates who will all like the pats which I guess is a decent point. My counter is by then the pats will certainly be horrible so no one will be pats fans anyway

I assume my kids will grow up Colts fans (to the extent they are football fans).

They can GTFO if they root for the heels in anything, btw. That will not be acceptable.

Part of me feels bad for St. Louis fans, but part of me doesn't given they're also the "best fans in baseball" and deserve horrible things.

Ha, fair. I'm hoping @BestFansStLouis does some Rams RT-ing today.

Also, the taxpayers don't have to pay the team $400MM to stay, so that's good.

I don't know what I would do if one of my favorite teams moved, but it would be hard to keep cheering for a team that went out the way the Rams did. At least one Rams fan got a tiny bit of vengeance:

I think my biggest question/challenge is what about raising kids in a city with a team?

When there are little buckets dancing around are you going to take them to Rams games?

#goRams

If I'm still in Boston when I have kids they certainly aren't going to be Patriots fans if I have a say. With Sunday Ticket you can watch anything, plus blog coverage, can listen to podcasts if you want, etc. makes it more accessible if the kid is interested in the sport. Who knows though.

Raise them to support your team. If they support the home team, that's fine unless you live in Atlanta.

this is how I am (I have a 6m old boy and live in Somerville) but my wife says why alienate the boy from all his classmates who will all like the pats which I guess is a decent point. My counter is by then the pats will certainly be horrible so no one will be pats fans anyway

Yeah, I had great intentions of raising my kids as Giants fans, but those plans fell apart quickly once they got exposed to all of the Panthers love at school and with their friends and all over town, and the ability to go to games to see them. Plus, I figure the reason I am a Giants fan is for those same reasons growing up around that team, so why deprive my kids of that experience for themselves? It probably doesn't hurt that I have no real animosity towards the Panthers; luckily, they have latched on to my pure hatred of the Cowboys.

If I raise two more Panthers fans, that's great. If I raise two more Bucs fans to talk shit to, that's fine too.

NFL Offseason Thread: Early Entrants and Retirements (Calvin Johnson?)

I would be so excited as a player getting the fuck out of St. Louis and going to LA

But St. Louis has the Bestfans

*nevermind I see that was addressed on the next page. Fuck those losers.

As for raising kids as fans, if I do eventually gave children in Austin, I'd be fine with them liking the Texans but hell fucking no would I ever allow them to be Cowboys fans.

Last edited:
Hue Jackson to Browns

How did the Clowns pull this off? Who willingly goes to work for the poster child for dysfunctional franchises when you've got options in San Francisco and possibly the New York Giants? I read somewhere that the 49ers were ready to introduce him as their head coach before something apparently went horribly wrong.

From Peter King's Twitter:

Hue1: People wondering why Hue took Cleve job with NYG, SF, TB jobs out there. Simple: Cleve offered him the job. Wanted badly to be HC.

Hue2: Would have been sick if he let Cleve job go, then got stuck without a job when other jobs filled.

How did the Clowns pull this off? Who willingly goes to work for the poster child for dysfunctional franchises when you've got options in San Francisco and possibly the New York Giants? I read somewhere that the 49ers were ready to introduce him as their head coach before something apparently went horribly wrong.

Hue's only HC experience is getting the boot after 1 year, managing a .500 season with the Raiders. Pretty sure he was anxious to jump at the next offer, regardless of location.

Cleveland gets their guy and Hue didn't risk having the carpet pulled out from under him during this coaching-cycle.

Hue's only HC experience is getting the boot after 1 year, managing a .500 season with the Raiders. Pretty sure he was anxious to jump at the next offer, regardless of location.

Cleveland gets their guy and Hue didn't risk having the carpet pulled out from under him during this coaching-cycle.

Hue should have waited. San Francisco would have hired him I think. He'll be looking for another job in two years. The Clowns are in constant rebuilding mode. And, oh by the way, the current QBs on your roster are Johnny Manziel, Austin Davis and Josh McCown. I hope Jared Goff pans out for you.

Back