• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread: NFL Draft - Rams pick Goff #1

I wonder what the consequences are going to be for whoever hacked Tunsil's account if they ever find out.

you have to think it's tortious interference with business/contract, right? Proving the damages might be a little hard/speculative though.

NFL draft positions are slotted for salary, so the difference in salaries between his actual position and a better one can be calculated easily. The harder question is how much higher would he have been drafted absent to hacked account. That will probably take "expert witness" testimony from people who do NFL talent evaluating for a living.

Well I'm pretty sure the Ravens admitted they were going to take him prior to the video release.

It's not really defamation since it's true so I guess tortious interference is the right answer.

Well I'm pretty sure the Ravens admitted they were going to take him prior to the video release.

It's not really defamation since it's true so I guess tortious interference is the right answer.

Ravens had the #6 pick, so that is one data point. Many mock drafts had Tunsil going in the top 5, but after the two trades (well before draft day) to get Rams and Eagles into the one and two spots, maybe six was as high as he would go. On the other hand, maybe some team trades up into the top 5 to get him if the video doesn't get posted. Speculation.

I recall Tunsil falling to #3 after the two QB trades - he was #1 overall before that. The Chargers need OL help, and it was a bit of a surprise that they went Bosa. The Cowboys predicament was supposedly choosing between Bosa and Elliott.

I believe my Ravens preferences were to trade up for Bosa or Ramsey or trade back, most likely with Tennessee, who was in the market for a LT. Dallas told them no. Why, I have no idea because they'd still have gotten Elliott at #6. And I believe the Tunsil video coming out when it did killed their chance of trading back with Tennessee because they got spooked and took a different LT when they traded back into the top 10. And then the Ravens took Stanley, which is probably fine in the long run. He may not be as athletically gifted as Tunsil, but he never missed time at Notre Dame, whereas Tunsil was injured a bunch, and Tunsil is a bit of a cement head.

One post draft analysis I read said Ravens had Stanley ahead of Tunsil because Stanley was the smartest O-line guy available. Ravens apparently value that because another of their O-line guys is also very smart.

One post draft analysis I read said Ravens had Stanley ahead of Tunsil because Stanley was the smartest O-line guy available. Ravens apparently value that because another of their O-line guys is also very smart.

Interesting. I'm somewhat surprised they didn't stick with the murderer and elevator-wife-beater strategy that got them their two rings.

I think they had both on their board, though still preferred to trade back, but that wouldn't surprise me if they had Stanley over Tunsil. He is brighter and healthier. And yeah, they picked up John Urschel from Penn St in the 5th a couple of years ago, and he's been mostly okay as an occasional fill in. He's getting his doctorate in math and published a paper in a higher math journal titled "A Cascadic Multigrid Algorithm for Computing the Fiedler Vector of Graph Laplacians". Trey Wingo went nuts when we drafted him.

Actually sounds kinda legit when you hear Payton try to say it was Ryan's defense while also saying actually it was never one person's defense to begin with

Payton, who was asked about Ryan's comments during a Friday interview with PFT Live, said that "the idea that it wasn't his defense, or that he wasn't in charge of it, is silly."

Payton acknowledged that the Saints made changes to their scheme but said it was "never any one person's defense or offense to begin with."

ClKteTaXEAA3KJt.jpg:large

Buddy Ryan apparently died. No word yet on whether Luis Zendejas or Kevin Gilbride will be among the pallbearers.

Andrew Luck just got the largest deal in NFL history. Full numbers not out yet but sounds like 5 years/$125 million.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Details on Andrew Luck deal:

5-year extension (6-year deal).

Just north of $139 million (a record).

$87 million in guarantees (a record).

They couldn't build a defense or OLine when he was cheap, should be easy now.

Back