• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rondale Watson & Andre Washington transferring

His shooting and end of game blunders were more than I could take. Having to endure it for 3 years ( he was pretty good as a freshman) was excruciating. He came in as a 4 star recruit and I expected him to be an All-ACC level guard, even after his freshman year. It was disappointing that the staff couldn't correct his shooting technique but if you can't shoot when you get to college it's usually too late to improve much. CMM probably stuck with the program because he couldn't do better anywhere else as far as academics and level of competition. He had some good games and actually looked like a very good player at times. I hope he can make some money in Europe and be successful in life.

None of that, in any way, excuses your repeated behavioral toward him anonymously on the Internet.

His shooting and end of game blunders were more than I could take. Having to endure it for 3 years ( he was pretty good as a freshman) was excruciating. He came in as a 4 star recruit and I expected him to be an All-ACC level guard, even after his freshman year. It was disappointing that the staff couldn't correct his shooting technique but if you can't shoot when you get to college it's usually too late to improve much. CMM probably stuck with the program because he couldn't do better anywhere else as far as academics and level of competition. He had some good games and actually looked like a very good player at times. I hope he can make some money in Europe and be successful in life.

He was a better player in the acc than you are a poster on the internet. Think about that.

Back to the topic:

Just another shout out to Andre. That was a great letter and really takes me back to my last days at WFU as a student. Time sure does fly, crazy to put yourself back on the quad during your last semester then fast forward to today. Makes me want to go visit (not for a basketball game).

Anyways I'm genuinely interested to see where he winds up playing next year - it seems like he should get some decent opportunities

That is surprising! It is difficult to coach when kids aren't loyal. These guys got lots of minutes, at least one of them did. 5th&6th leading scorers as sophomores and they're not content?

I thought this was about Abu declaring for the draft. No agent though.

Wow.. Big loss for State.

Nope, this isn't a big loss for them. They have 6 players for 2 positions, so someone was leaving no matter what. Abu declared but doesn't have an agent which is the key. Look at UK, the whole team declared but those that have an agent are the ones that are really leaving school. This will be the norm due to the new NBA rule about declaring but still being able to return to school. This is just a quick way for kids to get an NBA evaluation and return if they aren't guaranteed to be selected in the first round.

Nope, this isn't a big loss for them. They have 6 players for 2 positions, so someone was leaving no matter what. Abu declared but doesn't have an agent which is the key. Look at UK, the whole team declared but those that have an agent are the ones that are really leaving school. This will be the norm due to the new NBA rule about declaring but still being able to return to school. This is just a quick way for kids to get an NBA evaluation and return if they aren't guaranteed to be selected in the first round.

This. It was way past time for the NBA to change that rule.

Couldn't agree more. Picking a player and anonymously and relentlessly attacking that kid over the internet is just so odd.

He kept sucking and costing us games. And he continued to start and play 34 mins a game. Geez you must love to lose. Everyone is happy to see him graduate and move on.

He kept sucking and costing us games. And he continued to start and play 34 mins a game. Geez you must love to lose. Everyone is happy to see him graduate and move on.

Take it up with the coach, not the player. Feel free to move on yourself.

Still uncalled for. While its tough for the fans watching our team lose, it has to be even harder for the players and coaches.

Just stating facts.

that's a whole lot of opinion and very few "facts." it's also funny you expected the coaching staff to fix his jumper but when a kid comes to school a bad shooter it's too late to improve much.

it's one thing to critique the play of a player on full scholarship. it's quite another to treat a college kid like you have. pathetic.

Back