• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rondale Watson & Andre Washington transferring

Why would he go sit on the bench for a year at Purdue? That'd be a weird choice.

Why would he go sit on the bench for a year at Purdue? That'd be a weird choice.

Yeah. He won't go to Purdue. He should really transfer to a mid-major to play and increase his possibility of playing on a higher level over seas.

Just goes to show you that there are a lot of schools that get infatuated with grad transfers, despite evidence that the grad student might be getting in way over their head. Ain't no way that Washington can play for Providence or Purdue.

East Carolina basketball history:

2 NCAA appearances (1972 and 1993)
0 NIT appearances

NBA players: 3 - Jonathan Kerner, Blue Edwards, Oliver Mack.

The current ECU Coach is former UNC Guard - Jeff Lebo.

East Carolina basketball history:

2 NCAA appearances (1972 and 1993)
0 NIT appearances

NBA players: 3 - Jonathan Kerner, Blue Edwards, Oliver Mack.

The current ECU Coach is former UNC Guard - Jeff Lebo.

Just trivia for no real reason - our own Coach Odom began his head coaching career there for 3 years (79-82) where he had a pretty ECUish record (38-42).

Anybody know what Hudson is going to do? Will he resurface elsewhere?

Hudson may have a tougher time finding a new college. Transferring is one thing, even if you have a blemish or two on your record (Rondale).

Being booted from your team for disciplinary reasons is a different situation. Hudson will have limited choices, because few coaches are going to want to deal with whatever Hudson did, apparently repeatedly, to get kicked out of Wake. However, all it takes is one coach/school to be willing to take a chance for him to find a new home. I don't know how close they are, but maybe, just maybe, now his brother can talk some sense to him. Not saying Hudson has a pro career ahead of him, but a college degree might help him find decent employment after college.

Hudson may have a tougher time finding a new college. Transferring is one thing, even if you have a blemish or two on your record (Rondale).

Being booted from your team for disciplinary reasons is a different situation. Hudson will have limited choices, because few coaches are going to want to deal with whatever Hudson did, apparently repeatedly, to get kicked out of Wake. However, all it takes is one coach/school to be willing to take a chance for him to find a new home. I don't know how close they are, but maybe, just maybe, now his brother can talk some sense to him. Not saying Hudson has a pro career ahead of him, but a college degree might help him find decent employment after college.

In the case of both Hudson and Watson, their transfer prospects will depend on classroom performance for the Spring 2016 semester.

In the case of both Hudson and Watson, their transfer prospects will depend on classroom performance for the Spring 2016 semester.

That is true. If they can help some school's team GPA, that definitely would be a plus for either. It is also in Wake's interest that they all leave in good academic standing, and that they all find new schools, so they are transfers in good standing, and not just "dropouts.

Doesn't hurt Wake's academic performance rating if they transfer as students in good standing. It does if they just leave and don't find a new school.

Yeah, I figured that given Hudson's age and dismissal from the team, that he wouldn't be overly desirable for a major program. But he is certainly talented enough to contribute for a smaller school (if he wants to). I just didn't know if anyone had actually heard anything. I guess not.

I am confident this was posted earlier on another thread, but since we are talking about WF hoop players landing elsewhere: Madison Jones transferred to Mercer. He will have one year of eligibility for the Bears.

Hudson comes with baggage, but he also has talent. He will have plenty of options.

I am confident this was posted earlier on another thread, but since we are talking about WF hoop players landing elsewhere: Madison Jones transferred to Mercer. He will have one year of eligibility for the Bears.

Hudson comes with baggage, but he also has talent. He will have plenty of options.

I don't think Hudson will have "plenty of options" Many schools and coaches will decide that his baggage outweighs the talent he brings. However, all he needs to do is find one coach and school that thinks the other way.

I don't think Hudson will have "plenty of options" Many schools and coaches will decide that his baggage outweighs the talent he brings. However, all he needs to do is find one coach and school that thinks the other way.

Don't forget we are talking about college basketball. Sex offenders get second chances. A ganga related suspension is not going to render Hudson unrecruitable. There are 351 D-1 schools. Agree that he won't be getting Ivy League looks, but there are plenty of D-1 programs that would love to have Hudson.

Back